REFLECTOR:I guess I have the floor (first flight)
Gilles Gratton
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:22:36 -0500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3EC8A.606687C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Bravo John,
Congratulations! I wish you lots of happy hours flying
the Velocity. It will get better with time.
Gilles Gratton Hibernating up here in Canada. We put our boats away in
the winter here also. But the skiing is great.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of John Cervini
Sent: 5 février 2004 10:34
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:I guess I have the floor (first flight)
Well, since the emails are sparse these days I'll add my current activity.
I made the first flight of my XL-RG on Moday 1/19/2004, N444GX flys well.
I registered it in November.
I did my factory training at Sebastian when the 'FireFly' was being fitted
with additional fuel tanks etc in early January.
I was going to have my friend John Murphy do the initial flight test soon
after but that didn't turn out because of radio problems. I found a bnc
connector for Com1 attached but not turned and locked - mystery solved.
So, on the Jan 19th the weather was perfect at my home airport (BCT) and I
decided it was time. With an IO-540 (300HP) I took off, with no more runway
I raised the gear and climbed at about 1800 ft/min at 95-100kts (65 lbs
front seat balast, 20 gal fuel) to 3500 ft. I stayed in the area to monitor
temps etc. - I had a 404 degree CHT (highest). Since then I have added 2
VG's 1 inch forward of each naca cooling duct - I got a drop of almost 40
degrees on CHT's, not bad for small pieces of plastic
(Also have main wing VG's and vortelons).
I have 5 flights so far, yesterday was the latest.
john cervini
N444GX
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Chuck Jensen
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 8:49 AM
To: 'reflector@tvbf.org'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:JUST WONDERING
Not really. I'm still so frozen from my last trip I can't type.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of KeithHallsten
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 12:13 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:JUST WONDERING
I think it's just hibernation season. Or perhaps we've beaten the
"cockpit heat" horse to death for another winter!
Keith
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Martino
To: reflector@www.tvbf.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 8:52 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:JUST WONDERING
Haven't receive done "Reflector" message in three days. This is a
test message to see if I get it.
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3EC8A.606687C0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3DWord.Document name=3DProgId>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
<META content=3D"Microsoft Word 10" name=3DOriginator><LINK=20
href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C3EB6A.4D907780" rel=3DFile-List><!--[if gte =
mso 9]><xml>
<o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
<o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
</o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
<w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
<w:EnvelopeVis/>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
<STYLE>@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in =
1.25in; mso-header-margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; =
mso-paper-source: 0; }
P.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; =
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; =
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; =
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
A:visited {
COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: =
personal-compose; mso-style-noshow: yes; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; =
mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Arial; =
mso-hansi-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial
}
SPAN.SpellE {
mso-style-name: ""; mso-spl-e: yes
}
DIV.Section1 {
page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */=20
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
</style>
<![endif]--></HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US style=3D"tab-interval: .5in" vLink=3Dpurple =
link=3Dblue=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D926501100-06022004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Bravo=20
John,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D926501100-06022004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2> &nbs=
p; =20
Congratulations! I wish you lots of happy hours flying the=20
Velocity. It will get better with time. </FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D926501100-06022004><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Gilles=20
Gratton Hibernating up here in Canada. We =
put our=20
boats away in the winter here also. But the skiing is great. =
</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>John=20
Cervini<BR><B>Sent:</B> 5 f=E9vrier 2004 10:34<BR><B>To:</B>=20
reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:I guess I have the =
floor=20
(first flight)<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>Well, since=20
the emails are sparse these days I'll add my current=20
activity.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I =
made the first=20
flight of my XL-RG on Moday 1/19/2004, <SPAN =
class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT=20
face=3DVerdana size=3D2>N444GX flys well. </FONT></SPAN> I =
registered it in=20
November.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I =
did my factory=20
training at Sebastian when the 'FireFly' was being fitted with =
additional fuel=20
tanks etc in early January.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I =
was going to=20
have my friend John Murphy do the initial flight test soon =
after but that=20
didn't turn out because of radio problems. </FONT></SPAN><SPAN=20
class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I found a bnc =
connector for=20
Com1 attached but not turned and locked - mystery =
solved.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>So, on the Jan=20
19th the weather was perfect at my home airport (BCT) and I decided it =
was=20
time. With an IO-540 (300HP) I took off, with no more runway I =
raised=20
the gear and climbed at about 1800 ft/min at 95-100kts (65 lbs =
front seat=20
balast, 20 gal fuel) to 3500 ft. I stayed in the area to monitor =
temps=20
etc. - I had a 404 degree CHT (highest). Since then I have =
added 2=20
VG's 1 inch forward of each naca cooling duct - I got a drop of almost =
40=20
degrees on CHT's, not bad for small pieces of =
plastic</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>(Also have main=20
wing VG's and vortelons).</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I =
have 5 flights=20
so far, yesterday was the latest.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana =
size=3D2>john=20
cervini</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2>N444GX</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D765341514-05022004><FONT face=3DVerdana=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Chuck=20
Jensen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, February 05, 2004 8:49 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
'reflector@tvbf.org'<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:JUST=20
WONDERING<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D125054313-05022004><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2>Not really. I'm still so frozen from my last trip I =
can't=20
type.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of=20
</B>KeithHallsten<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, February 05, 2004 =
12:13=20
AM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:JUST=20
WONDERING<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think it's just hibernation =
season. =20
Or perhaps we've beaten the "cockpit heat" horse to death for =
another=20
winter!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keith</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
<A title=3Dtmartino@troubleshooter.com=20
href=3D"mailto:tmartino@troubleshooter.com">Tom Martino</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@www.tvbf.org=20
=
href=3D"mailto:reflector@www.tvbf.org">reflector@www.tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, February =
04, 2004=20
8:52 PM</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:JUST=20
WONDERING</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV class=3DSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Haven't receive =
done=20
"Reflector" message in three days.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes"> =20
</SPAN>This is a test message to see if I get it.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> =
</SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-no-proof: =
yes"> </SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: =
12pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>=
</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C3EC8A.606687C0--