REFLECTOR:Odyssey Battery
John Dibble
reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:22:45 -0600
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090206090706050006090904
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Jack,
Interesting observation. Do you recall if the voltage drops happened
when your old battery was new? Recently I've been getting brief
fluctuations of some readouts on my RMI monitor. I think this is due to
voltage fluctuations as well. I have a Gill battery. I think battery
age and the resulting reduced capacity has a lot to do with the
problem. Haven't decided on a replacement yet.
John
Jack Sheehan wrote:
> I recently changed to a Sears Optima battery. The model is "Red Top
> 34/78. It fits nicely in the battery try on the XL-RG and is working
> great. The battery has enough staying power that the voltage drops I
> used to get during gear operation do not happen. So getting more volts
> fixed the alarm warnings from the VM 1000 . So the VM was telling the
> truth I just did not want to hear it. It does that also with fuel
> pressure.
>
> Jack
--------------090206090706050006090904
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
<title></title>
</head>
<body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
Jack,<br>
Interesting observation. Do you recall if the voltage drops happened
when your old battery was new? Recently I've been getting brief
fluctuations of some readouts on my RMI monitor. I think this is due
to voltage fluctuations as well. I have a Gill battery. I think
battery age and the resulting reduced capacity has a lot to do with the
problem. Haven't decided on a replacement yet.<br>
John<br>
<br>
Jack Sheehan wrote:<br>
<blockquote type="cite"
cite="midp05010403bc44222e147b@%5B128.155.42.101%5D">
<style type="text/css"><!--
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { margin-top: 0 ; margin-bottom: 0 }
--></style>
<title>Re: REFLECTOR:Odyssey Battery</title>
<div><font face="Arial" size="-1">I recently changed to a Sears
Optima
battery. The model is "Red Top 34/78. It fits nicely in the
battery try on the XL-RG and is working great. The battery has enough
staying power that the voltage drops I used to get during gear
operation do not happen. So getting more volts fixed the alarm
warnings from the VM 1000 . So the VM was telling the truth I just did
not want to hear it. It does that also with fuel
pressure.</font></div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="-1"><br>
</font></div>
<div><font face="Arial" size="-1">Jack</font></div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>
--------------090206090706050006090904--