REFLECTOR:pitot tube

Laurence Coen reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:51:05 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C3E97A.7543DED0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Bob,

They are 5-40 and although "standard" they are a tad hard to find. =
Re-tap them to 6-32 and you're good to go.

Larry Coen
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bob Kuc=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 7:10 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:pitot tube


  I picked up a heated pitot tube from wentworth.  It is a 24 volt unit =
with the mounting unit.  When I attached it, the pitot tube did get hot, =
so at least I know that it works and it only uses 1.5 amps at 12 volts.  =
The pitot tube is a "L" type.  This unit needs four screws (which did =
not come with it).  Does anyone know what size it uses?.  It is close to =
a 6-32 but the treads do not quite match up.

  Bob Kuc
------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C3E97A.7543DED0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They are 5-40 and although "standard" =
they are a=20
tad hard to find. Re-tap them to 6-32 and you're good to =
go.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Larry Coen</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dbkuc1@tampabay.rr.com =
href=3D"mailto:bkuc1@tampabay.rr.com">Bob Kuc</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, February 01, 2004 =
7:10=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:pitot =
tube</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I picked up a heated pitot tube from=20
  wentworth.&nbsp; It is a 24 volt unit with the mounting unit.&nbsp; =
When I=20
  attached it, the pitot tube did get hot, so at least I know that it =
works and=20
  it only uses 1.5 amps at 12 volts.&nbsp; The pitot tube is a "L" =
type.&nbsp;=20
  This unit needs four screws (which did not come with it).&nbsp; Does =
anyone=20
  know what size it uses?.&nbsp; It is close to a 6-32 but the treads do =
not=20
  quite match up.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob =
Kuc</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C3E97A.7543DED0--