REFLECTOR: Landing Light Replacement

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Fri Dec 31 20:27:37 CST 2004


I hunted long and hard for a 'fix' for the anemic landing light I have.  The
Xenon/HIDs all seemed to come in 5.5" or 7", which doesn't fit my molded
mount.  I finally I found a 4 3/4" dia, 110,000 candle light that's not
nearly as expensive as a Xenon, but fit without modification, so I'm giving
it a try.  I'll report the results here in a few days.  I also have tinted
windows--a wonderful thing in the summer- but I'm tired of sticking my head
out the door at night when its 19F outside.  What I really need is one of
those big spots those black helicopters use when they're practicing for
assaulting the world, or whatever it is they're supposed to be up to.
 
Chuck
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Christopher Martin
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 12:07 AM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Landing Light Replacement




I have been flying with the GE 4509 100 Watt landing light and I'm
interested in replacing it with a HID or Xenon replacement lamp. Do any of
you have experience with this. The reason I am considering this is because
of the need for more light in landing. I have a medium grey wind shield and
it is dark out there!
 
Chris Martin
Velocity XL RG, 460 hours
 
 
Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net <mailto:christophercmartin at earthlink.net> 
 
 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041231/e2dfd50a/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list