REFLECTOR: Cowling Camlocs?

Tony Babb tonybabb at alejandra.net
Fri Dec 31 15:58:34 CST 2004


I know I've seen a photo of Kurt's set up somewhere. I searched tvbf but couldn't find it. I was seriously considering hinges myself, still am. I'm pretty sure I'll go for hinges on the removable dog house. Less certain about the cowling/fuselage, it looks like the bend is not consistent around the fuselage, gotta ba a pain putting the hinge back in - but it does look way cool. One other thought, I believe Skybolts may be better than camlocs as they are essentially the same but can be adjusted which helps with our fibreglass that can vary in thickness. 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Randy Wharton 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 3:13 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Cowling Camlocs?


  Anyone have a photo of a hinge setup?

   

  Randy Wharton

   

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
  Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 12:55 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cowling Camlocs?

   

  I have my setup with hinges. The wingroots were pretty easy, but you have to modify the aileron attach bracket since you don't have the "flange" anymore. It sure looks smooth and is Very secure. 

  The cowl/fuselage line is a lot more time consuming, but it sure looks sweet. The only place I have camlocks is along the bottom cowl/fuselage joint line. 

   

  If I could actually find the "upload" section to the TVBF, Id upload some pictures. But I have never been able to find it. Brian has placed the only pictures I have on line. 

   

  Kurt Winker



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041231/ec294cac/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list