REFLECTOR: Sounds of a 3-rotor

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Dec 17 20:10:57 CST 2004


Cool video!

 

But I can't see how you are keeping the plane from crashing into your
garage.  More than just the brakes I hope.

 

Darrell

Look closely and you'll see a 2 x 4 that goes in through the nose gear door
and against the canard bulkhead; and out against the garage door frame.
Actually; on that run the prop rpm only gets up to a bit over 1400, and the
brakes will hold that just fine.  On that same run I took it up to wide open
throttle (2 x 4 and brakes) which gave me a static rpm of 2375 which is
about 100 less than I was hoping for; but I'll wait and see how fast it will
spin when flying; and then see if I've got just a bit too much prop.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041217/800f2e85/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list