REFLECTOR: AN AIRPLANE IS BORN! AND NEW INFO.
Randy Wharton
rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Fri Dec 17 04:22:57 CST 2004
Congratulations, Tom. I can't wait to be at the point where you are now.
What a Christmas present!!
Randy Wharton
N248RB XL-RG
http://clik.to/velocity
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 1:01 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: AN AIRPLANE IS BORN! AND NEW INFO.
Today (December16, 2004) ... at approximately 4:00pm MST ... the
conglomeration of parts previously known as Kit SN# DMO-282 ... became an
official Aircraft. The Designated Airworthiness Representative (D. A. R.)
from the Denver FAA FSDO office approved N173EX to be flown for Phase One
Flight Testing!
Now the fun really begins. Thanks to all here on the Reflector for the
valuable information over the last few years. I hope Marion Sparrow
(former, deceased owner) will be happy to know I carried on where he left
off. By reading through the Reflector archives, I was able to get to know
Marion through his posts over the years.
On a related topic ... I read much discussion here about making major
changes to your experimental aircraft after getting your Special
Airworthiness Certificate. My Amateur Built Operating Limitations from the
FAA state that I can incorporate any major change in my aircraft ... so long
as I put it back into a flight test mode for a period not less than 5 hours.
After that, it simply needs a log entry to be legal. There is no need to
file any paperwork with the FAA nor is it necessary to have any FAA
inspection of any kind.
So, in essence, we have a lot of leeway.
I plan on having a test pilot do an inaugural flight sometime right after
the first of the year.
Tom Martino
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041217/f9f77e7d/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list