REFLECTOR: Gross Weight Increase

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 10:49:08 CST 2004


TEC, 

  A couple years ago, I had a local FSDO guy come to an EAA meeing at my hangar. He explained the (then new) change at that time, and handed out an advisory circular on the issues. 
He did state that it would be in the homebuilt owners interest to get the new issue, for convienience, insurance and headache sake. 

All you have to do, is find a FSDO guy that knows the new rule and wants to help (not an easy task in itself). 

Kurt 

In a message dated 12/11/2004 6:44:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, scott at tnstaafl.net writes:
I have the "New and Improved" operating limitations which specifically 
states I do not notify the FAA for any major changes.
This is great.  When I was fooling with mine, and I had to contact fsdo, they seemed to be unfamiliar with what to do, and I got the impression they really wanted me to "go away."  Yet my OL (1995)  stated I had to, I was only really worried about the insurance issue.  One less speed bump to deal with now.  I would assume I could go back to the FAA and get mine changed.
TEC



More information about the Reflector mailing list