REFLECTOR: Hydraulic Pump Leak
Jeffrey Clough
jclough at gci.net
Sun Dec 12 17:35:48 CST 2004
When I transported my project from CO to AK I placed the fuselage on its
side and over the course of 3600 miles all of the hydraulic fluid leaked
out of the pump reservoir. Combined with dust from the many miles of
unpaved Al-Can highway it was a real sticky mess. Basically my pump was
leaking from the same location as yours....I removed the screw holding
the pump reservoir in place then cleaned the mating flanges on the
reservoir and the pump body with acetone and Q-Tips. I then applied
silicone rubber to the flanges and reassembled the pump
reservoir...after cure I was unable to get any leakage of hydraulic
fluid from the area.....Good luck getting your reservoir off of the pump
body...mine was not initially sealed... Jeff Clough
Scott Derrick wrote:
> I was gazing at the nose gear door actuator to see what was entailed
> in R&R ing it..
>
> I noticed that most of the leak I have noticed was actually coming
> form the pump.
>
> I appears to be leaking from the reservoir to pump interface. I took
> the pump out to see what kind of "O" ring or gasket was used. I found
> some kind of Sillycone around the edge that was basically falling
> off. I don't know if this stuff was put on as a fix or it cam from
> the factory like that?
>
> I tried to take the reservoir off but I guess I'm not smart enough. I
> twisted it, I pulled on it, no go. I was pretty gentle as I didn't
> want to break the plastic reservoir.
>
> How do I separate the reservoir from the pump?
>
> What is the accepted method of sealing this thing?
>
> Scott
>
> "Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
> - Benjamin Franklin
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list