REFLECTOR: AIRWORTHINESS INSPECTION NEXT THURSDAY

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Dec 10 15:06:34 CST 2004


Tom,

You flying that io540??

Scott

At 11:01 AM 12/10/2004, you wrote:
>I have an 173 Elite RG, with an IO-540 -- all electronic.  If I get 
>anywhere close to 260 knots ... I'd buy an oil company to keep me in 
>gasoline.  I am hooked on speed.
>
>         -----Original Message-----
>         From: Richard Riley [mailto:richard at riley.net]
>         Sent: Fri 12/10/2004 10:34 AM
>         To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>         Cc:
>         Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: AIRWORTHINESS INSPECTION NEXT THURSDAY
>
>
>
>         At 02:05 AM 12/10/04, you wrote:
>         >The day has come! The DAR will be at my hangar on Thursday, December
>         >16th.   Any words of advice?
>         >
>         >I noticed that eery Velocity I have ever seen is marked with "small"
>         >n-numbers.  The regs say we can only use small numbers for antique
>         >replicas or if our aircraft will not exceed 180 knots.  Ae 
> Velocity owners
>         >pessimistic?
>
>         Berkuts with IO-540 engines have been known to touch 260 knots, 
> in level
>         flight with the throttle wide open.  But we've always listed a 
> 179 knots
>         cruising speed.
>
>         After all, you don't want to abuse your engine.
>         And Avgas is expensive.
>         And that way you have much longer range.
>         And you can stay back with the O-320 powered Long EZ's
>         And it's quieter.
>         And you have more time to prepare when coming in to complex airspace.
>
>         At least that's the reasoning I gave the DAR when he asked. ;)
>
>         _______________________________________________
>         To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>         Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>         user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>         Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>         Check old archives: 
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list