REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick
AnnSam
annsam1 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 1 14:41:23 CST 2004
It's [EXPERIMENTAL], if there is something you don't like, change it!
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 1:17 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick
Sorry TEC, I read your comment
I quote "Also, ever tried to "relieve" yourself with a yoke in the
way? Come to think of it; never mind."
and assumed you thought I was proposing that a yoke would be better. A
couple other people implied the same thing in their reply and guess I
lumped you in with them..
I think I stated numerous times I much prefer the stick over a yoke, I
just think a center stick is bad engineering compared with a side stick.
As to mounting the radio stack on the left. That's seems like an odd
solution to the problem of a center stick, but I guess it works as long as
your in the left seat!
Since we have 2 front seats I think the plane is much more useful if both
left and right seats can reach most if not all the controls, isn't that the
norm for most modern airplanes?? I realize there are some old planes with
horrendous placement of radios and instruments but I thought we were trying
to correct the mistakes of the past... I thought that was the thinking
behind the center stack??? Easily reached from either seat.
Scott
At 10:45 AM 12/1/2004, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/1/2004 9:12:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>scott at tnstaafl.net writes:
>Do people actually read these posting?? Or is it a comprehension thing...
>
>I never said I wanted to switch to a yoke, In fact I said quite the
>opposite..
>
>Sure "You should" have the next freq tuned in ready to go, ever been given
>a different freq than you thought you would? I have. Ever been real busy
>and just didn't get to that yet? I have.
>
>Even if you do have it tuned it, you still have to reach across your body
>or let go of the stick to switch freqs.. And that's a bad movement.
>
>Hay; do you even read your own post?? In your senerio;
>
> >Scenario in my Velocity: I'm tracking the glideslope down, hand
> >flying, Approach says "contact tower".. I now have to (1) reach across
> >with my left hand and dial/switch the radio, (2) let go of the stick and
> >switch with my right hand
>
>That is what I was responding to and that only. I saw this radio problem
>in 89 when I started building my Velocity. As a commercial helicopter
>pilot I and am quite familiar with reaching. That is why I mounted all my
>radios (Terra) single stack on the LEFT side of the six-pack along with
>the nav. heads. I have had no reaching in the 10 years I have been flying
it.
>
>I suggest before you start flaming people, read your own posts that are
>being respond to. How many of these scenarios in your Velocity have you
>had that were unmanageable?
>
>TEC
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list