REFLECTOR: Yoke vs. Stick
HYTEC45 at aol.com
HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 10:40:05 CST 2004
In a message dated 12/1/2004 6:01:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:
Scenario in my Velocity: I'm tracking the glideslope down, hand
flying, Approach says "contact tower".. I now have to (1) reach across
with my left hand and dial/switch the radio, (2) let go of the stick and
switch with my right hand.
Hmmm; before reaching the OM you should already have all COM freq. set
utilizing both radios and flips (upper radio #1 for all ATC contacts, lower radio #2
for all airport contacts, IMHO). At that point, all that is needed is
"twist" (one of the 4 "T's") to com #2. Some radios also have a remote flip that
can be wired to the grip. I mounted my audio panel above the AH so I can
"twist" with left hand.
Also, ever tried to "relieve" yourself with a yoke in the way? Come to think
of it; never mind.
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041201/6d7da948/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list