REFLECTOR: PAINT DESIGN

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon Aug 30 10:56:58 CDT 2004


That is why I used a graphic designer who designs 3-D things and took digital photos of the V and uses autocad.  I agree that a simple 2-D thinker will not do.

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: Jack Sheehan [mailto:j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov] 
	Sent: Mon 8/30/2004 9:43 AM 
	To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
	Cc: 
	Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: PAINT DESIGN
	
	

	One thing I learned on my way to the paint shop. The schemes I had
	all appeared to be good candidates on the two dimensional drawings
	but when you apply them to the three dimensional airplane they take
	on a much different appearance. They shape of a Velocity creates a
	special challenge to paint design. The results of what looked like a
	good design turned the airplane into what looked like an Easter Egg.
	This happens because the design somehow shorten the fuselage and the
	wings tend to disappear thus also shortening the whole thing.
	
	N55XL is shown under the completed airplanes on the gallery site.
	
	Jack
	N55XL
	
	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
	

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 4510 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040830/e54dd2d6/attachment-0001.bin


More information about the Reflector mailing list