REFLECTOR: Russian Crashes

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sun Aug 29 10:05:20 CDT 2004


Did you notice?  A local paper published a photo of the debris from one of
the Russian jetliners.  Front and center was a landing gear truck with tires
attached.  What was interesting was the tires.  There were at least a couple
of layers of cord visible on the tires--actual tread was ancient history.
Since the landing gear was not likely used during the crash, one would have
to assume the tires were in that condition at TO.  Unless I'm missing
something, if I ever go to Moscow, I think I'll walk instead of flying Air
Russia. 
 
Chuck

 It's difficult to make out from the attached photo but it's plain to see
there is no tread grooves on the tires. 
 


	
  <http://media.canada.com/cp/world/20040826/w082660A.jpg>
<http://www.aero-news.net/> 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040829/62c8eb4b/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list