REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids Engine Monitor

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sat Aug 28 09:11:56 CDT 2004


I concur w/Ronnie.  I took out my VM-1000 (for sale) and put in the GRT EIS
with dual EFIS.  I should be doing initial flying late next week and hope I
can confirm the favorable opinion.  I think there is an information
disconnect in your discussions with GRT.  After full instrumentation for 6
lung Lycoming, I still have two channels left over that can be hooked up to
any sensors.  The LCD display can be programmed to display the value and
they can be set to alarm at any values.  In this case, I'm using the spare
channels for thermisters in the cowling area to work as a fire detection
system.  I can check on temps if I want, otherwise, they'll alarm if they
rise above a preset level.  In short, JPI and some of the others do a nice
job but I wouldn't sell GRT short so quickly.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Ronnie Brown
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 8:18 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Grand Rapids Engine Monitor


I disagree with your assessment of GRT.

They may have started out as being focused on the ultralight crowd, but
their EIS has evolved into a mighty fine engine monitoring instrument.  I
have half a dozen friends flying with the EIS on Lycomings and Rotaxes and I
have one on my Lycoming/Velocity. One even got rid of his Vision (talking
about inflexible!!!) and installed a GRT.  Less room, lower cost and does
the engine monitoring function much better and they are very reliable.


More information about the Reflector mailing list