REFLECTOR: Epoxy Ratio Pump Box
KeithHallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Fri Aug 27 21:54:45 CDT 2004
Jorge,
I bought a cheap unfinished upper kitchen cabinet at Home Depot, along with
a 110 VAC thermostat and a bulb holder. I mounted the bulb holder in the
back left corner so the bulb would be right under the hardener tank on the
proportioning pump, and mounted the thermostat in the back right corner. I
used some expanded polystyrene foam sheet I happened to have (packaging
material) to insulate the outside of the cabinet (especially the top). I
mounted the cabinet to the metal hangar wall with some wood boards (screwed
to the back of the cabinet so their ends extended beyond the sides of the
cabinet, which provided some "ears" to screw to the hangar wall). I slid
some more EPS sheet between the cabinet and the hangar wall and installed
some weatherstripping to the door, which is held closed by spring hinges. I
installed a couple of base cabinets with a piece of formica countertop on
them under the pump cabinet to serve as a mixing table and provide storage
for extra epoxy and other supplies.
A 100-watt light bulb provides more heat than I need, so I usually use a
75-watt "long life" bulb, which makes more heat than light (here's a case
where we want the lowest possible efficiency!) You may want to arrange some
aluminum heat shields around the light bulb - I burned the finish off the
top of the plywood base of the proportioning pump where the light bulb was
too close.
This arrangement has kept my epoxy pump at 83 degrees F and ready to go over
the last 3 winters.
Keith Hallsten, XLFG
Lincoln Airport, California
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jorge Bujanda" <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
To: "Velocity Builder's Forum. Reflector" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Epoxy Ratio Pump Box
> Can someone suggest convenient dimensions for an insulated box
> to keep the epoxy warm in the Michael's Epoxy Ratio Pump Box?
> Thanks,
> Jorge Bujanda
> XL FG N625TT
> Palmdale, CA
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list