REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 Timing

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 23 13:04:47 CDT 2004


Hi Steve,

I have thought about trying that - but I'm afraid of spinning props.

I have had my A&P IA and another A&P check my Slick Mag setting.  They are
correct by the book.   The Jeff Rose is at zero per his instructions - I
have the mag hole pick up.  You put a Pop Rivet nail in the setting hole at
zero degrees (TDC).

25 Degrees is what is stamped on my name plate, but I ran across a Lycoming
Service Bulletin that says it should be reduced to 22 degrees - but the
bulletin never said why Lycoming had changed their mind.  After reading the
note on CHT's, and detonation, I understand why.

You think I need to reduce it to 22 degrees even though my CHT's are cool?

Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "steve korney" <s_korney at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 1:26 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Lycoming IO 360 Timing


| Ronnie...
|
| You need to check your timing with a timing light to verify it's real
| position...
|
|
|
| Best... Steve
|
| _________________________________________________________________
| On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to
| get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list