REFLECTOR: Fuel pressure

Gilles Gratton gillesgratton45 at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 23 08:10:21 CDT 2004


Carburetor help,
                     My Weldon fuel pump on my Franklin engine is delivering
8-9 psi. Is this acceptable or too high? I have already adjusted it down
from 12 where it was when I installed it. What kind of problem can too high
a fuel pressure cause on the carb, if any.  I have a Precision Airmotive
carb, model MA 4-5.
           Sometimes when I turn on the electric boost pump while climbing
at full throttle, my engine runs rough.  This clears up when I turn the bost
pump off.  What could be happening here?
     I use the Facet electric boost pump as recommended by Velocity. My fuel
line system is
1. sump tank
2. shut off valve
3. filter
4. Facet pump
5. engine pump (Weldon)
6. carb
         My fuel pressure gage is on the line from the engine pump to the
carb.  I also have a parallel line with a one-way valve by passing the
engine pump and running directly from the Facet pump to the carb.
   Are everyone using those Facet pumps or is there a better one.

Any theories on the rough running engine.  I have ruled out carb icing by
applying carb heat to no avail.
Gilles

--

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list