REFLECTOR: Firewall

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 23 09:06:59 CDT 2004


I thought I paid $99 for my Nomex SS firewall stuff from Velocity.
About the same as the pieces you bought.  Only thing I didn't care for
were the wrinkles in the SS.  I think the wrinkles are pretty common on
the factory stuff.  For what I know it may be common with the material
and Velocity doesn't have any control over it.
 
 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 9:59 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Firewall


I purchased my SS from Wicks (somewhere around 60 bucks I think, and
ceramic fiber insulation from McMaster Carr for about $30 or so that did
(2) 0.1" layers, and I still have about 50% of the roll left- the
insulation is good for over 2,000 degrees, I would assume that I would
not be flying anyway if the engine compartment reached that temp......

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 6:44 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Firewall


Does anyone have any experience with the factory firewall materials?
Their price seems a bit high for a sheet of SS and some fiberglass, as
described by the factory.  If anyone has purchased this material, would
you buy it again from the factory or just go to AS & S?  
Thanks 
Joe

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040823/fb0b190d/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list