REFLECTOR: Wing Storage Possibilities

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Aug 22 16:53:02 CDT 2004


Jorge,

Welcome to the building adventure!  I stored my wings before attaching the
winglets - I am building in a large hangar with a high ceiling, so I just
installed a couple of 6-inch diameter sheaves to the roof beams and hoisted
the wings almost to the ceiling with a worm-drive hand winch (from Harbor
Freight) bolted to the building wall.  The wings were held leading-edge-down
in nylon web slings, and I used small-diameter nylon kern-mantle climbing
rope on the winch.  Every situation is a bit different, so your solution may
vary!  What part of the country are you located in?

Keith Hallsten, XLFG
Roseville, CA


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jorge Bujanda" <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
To: "Velocity Builder's Forum. Reflector" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2004 6:19 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Wing Storage Possibilities


> I am looking for a practical storage/secure setup for the completed
> wings. I will go to the factory late September to work on a Fast Build
> XL FG. In planning and setting up my garage, I would like to decide what
> works best for me and build it beforehand, in preparation for delivery.
> If you made a sketch to build yours and want to attach it, feel free. :-)
>
> I am new to this forum but I can see the value of having such a
> resource. So far, I’ve learned quite a few things by reading the
> messages. Some other stuff involving explanations in building lingo is
> more difficult but I assume (or was that hope?) to understand better
> once I get into building and deal with the manuals.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jorge Bujanda
> XL FG
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>




More information about the Reflector mailing list