REFLECTOR: Startup Questions

Carruth, Joel L joel.l.carruth at lmco.com
Thu Aug 19 12:53:23 CDT 2004


Greetings all,

 

I'm a new Velo builder (SE/FG) and new to the Reflector. 

 

I've been listening and have greatly appreciated the chatter. During
this slight lull in the email, I thought I would post a few questions to
you.  But first a little background. My kit is a '96 model, purchased
from the original buyer who really didn't do much with it. It does have
the fastbuild wings & canard though, so that's my starting point. I'm
currently working the rudders, ailerons, & wingtip light setup.

 

1)       Back in '96 I think Dynamic Wing did the fast build for
Velocity. I've noticed that the trailing area (ailerons) is quite a bit
thinner than the manual.  Does anyone else have fast-built wings from
this era?  Any other gotchas that I should be aware of?

2)       I'm using the Aeroflash strobe/nav/pos lights. Where's the best
place to mount the two power packs?

3)       Any other Velo owners in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area? I'm in EAA
Ch. 983.

 

Many thanks to Andy for his web page; it's helped a lot already!

 

Joel Carruth

Lockheed Martin 

JSF - Pilot System Software

W: (817) 763-4337

Fax: (817) 777-8378

joel.l.carruth at lmco.com

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040819/ab979b4f/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list