REFLECTOR: Aileron Size
Fred Marconi
fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 11 07:43:43 CDT 2004
Jorge:
It was Jean Prudhomme's idea to make the alierons 1' longer. The idea was
to get better aileron control. I spoke with Danny Mayer, the designer about
this and he said it was not a good idea and went on on an explanation why
not that I have forgotten.
The fact is that I find my plane flies quite well with good aileron
control.
Fred
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jorge Bujanda" <jbujanda at dslextreme.com>
To: "Velocity Builder's Forum. Reflector" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 3:22 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron Size
> I apologize for my ignorance on engineering matters, but I read that
> someone had increased the aileron size from the one recommended in the
> plans with "good" results. Unfortunately, I erased the actual
> message. I understand the Velocity's response is already rather crisp
> to aileron deflection. Can someone explain the benefits, or purpose, of
> doing this? Thanks
> JB
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list