REFLECTOR: 20B runs on the plane
Al Gietzen
ALVentures at cox.net
Tue Aug 10 12:50:07 CDT 2004
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: 20B runs on the plane
Wow, 66x84??
Mines a 64x74, I cruise 170-175 ktas at 2700 rpm.
What engine, what %power, what altitude?
Whats the HP rating and expected rpm and cruise speed?
Scott
Prop is designed for max power at 2995 RPM, at which point the engine is at
275 hp and 450 ft-lb torque to the prop (at sea level, SAE standard day). I
think Craig calculated 228 kts sea level. Max prop speed is 3300 - don't
think I'll ever go there.
Cruise will be more like 2450 on the prop, and about 220 hp (s.l.).
Typically 70-75%cruise will give roughly 200 hp, and whatever speed is yet
to be determined. I guess if you scale off the Velocity brochure numbers,
it is roughly 200 kts at 8000 ft. Anybody getting 187kts at 75% power with
200hp Lyc?
Al
At 10:05 AM 8/9/2004, you wrote:
>
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 20B runs on the plane
>
>Al,
>Did you have a test prop? If so, which prop?
>
>Smooth is what you rotary guys want. Congrats on your test. I'm close to
>cranking up my Chevy, so you're getting me all excited.
>
>All the best,
>Dennis Martin
>
>Yes; I have my Catto 66 x 84 3-blade.
>It is exciting. As you know; lots of time, effort, thought, and ups and
>downs go into a custom engine installation, so when it works it feels real
>good. I'm sure the first liftoff is a higher high, and that's still a way
>off; but however brief this first run - it was a beautiful noise!
>
>Thanks to all for good wishes,
>
>Al
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040810/3bd20e4c/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list