REFLECTOR: Accident Report(s) Phobia
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Tue Aug 10 11:31:29 CDT 2004
What I think really gets me is the sensationalism of it. I agree NTSB
reports are not sensational in themselves, but it feels like a Slashdot
(www.slashdot.org) reader who is proud of the fact that he made "first
post!"
These are my feelings about the issue, and I feel the same way about posts
where people say, "testing" because they haven't gotten any email lately.
It's a feeling of lack of content. For me, I would have much rather
received the news from Rich Riley, with his email, which had more substance,
more humane, and gave more information, rather than "EXPLODED IN FLIGHT ...
UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES ... FATALLY INJURED ... METAR KPTT 071510Z AUTO
16007KT 10SM OVC034 18/14 A3005".
I am always concerned when one of our friends may have had an oops,
incident, accident or fatality. I want to hear about all of them and learn
from them, but I would rather hear about most of them from a person rather
than regurgitated by a government service generated by some unfeeling
machinery.
Just my feelings, your mileage will vary.
> Behalf Of CanardAv8r_DWT-AGT_TFS- Inc
>
> you made my point ! next comes the Monday-Morning quarterbacks
> second-guessing....... all this for info we all have available at our
> fingertips.
>
> >So, yes, we share your frustration with publication of this unfortunate
> >news, but to not learn from it would be a disservice to our
> >friends, family
> >and disrespectful of this individual that paid such a terrible price for
> >something that may not even have been his/her fault or foreseeable.
> >
> >Chuck
More information about the Reflector
mailing list