REFLECTOR: Aileron Rolls

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Aug 10 07:50:13 CDT 2004


Fred,

>problem with the motor provided by Velocity for aileron trim.  I would like
>to find a better option that the string on the pulley and bellcrank.  I have
>not added the adhesive to the string, when I get to it maybe the string will
>not slip.

I would like a better system too.  I use the belt dressing on the string 
and it does work better.  Its still a pain to have to reset the trim if you 
move the ailerons more than just a tad(official aeronautical term).

>   I have also spent some time insuring my airspeed indicator is reading
>correct.  unlike most velocities I have place the damn 1/4 inch trailing the
>static holes.  I played with several positions and found this the best.  I
>have static ports on both sides as per the instructions.  The damn is 1mm
>high.  I set my altimeter at 0 minus airport altitude plus tower altitude
>and buzzed at full power past the tower at tower altitude and adjusted  the
>position of the damn until I got a reading of 0 on the altimeter.  I now

I went through that.  Mine started as an 1/16"  thick trip stick in front 
of the holes,  ended up as a  1/128" trip stick behind the holes to get it 
right on at cruise.

Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin




More information about the Reflector mailing list