REFLECTOR: IO-540 FUEL FLOW

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 16:19:20 CDT 2004


For Cruise conditions I was told by an AI that a good
average is about 6 gal per 100 hp.  Way more in full rich
takeoff.

Jim
--- Tom Martino <tmartino at troubleshooter.com> wrote:

> I put an IO-540 on my Elite (LW) RG.  Does anyone have an
> idea of fuel
> flow to expect at cruise power?  18gph, 20gph?  Someone
> told me it could
> be as high as 30gph!!!
>  
> I am just wondering if I will have to put a second
> mortgage on my house.
>  
> > _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying


More information about the Reflector mailing list