REFLECTOR: IO-540 FUEL FLOW

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Thu Aug 5 16:00:50 CDT 2004


Will I do harm to a fuel flow meter that only goes to 20 GPH?  
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: John Cervini [mailto:john at johnsonlane.com] 
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 2:38 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: IO-540 FUEL FLOW
 
Tom,
I see about 13.5 at cruise.  The 30 gph is at takeoff (slurp slurp)  - I
have the MicroVision system which handles this range fine.
I always "think" 15 gph when flight planning.
 
john  XL-RG
N444GX
52 hrs
 
  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 4:02 PM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: IO-540 FUEL FLOW
I put an IO-540 on my Elite (LW) RG.  Does anyone have an idea of fuel
flow to expect at cruise power?  18gph, 20gph?  Someone told me it could
be as high as 30gph!!!
 
I am just wondering if I will have to put a second mortgage on my house.
 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040805/77b531b5/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list