REFLECTOR: Stick play (no, not that kind)

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 14:49:16 CDT 2004


There are also the aluminum bushings that I posted a long
time ago for those of you that have access to a lathe &
mill.  They have worked work well in a number of
installations and are strong.

See:

http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/?dir=airframe_construction%2FFlight%20Controls

Jim
--- NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:

> There was a mod in the reflector from some time back
> regarding stick play. It 
> consisted of glassing a wide area washer to the torque
> tube, and one to the 
> stick tube. I liked the simplicity of it, the larger area
> for distributing the 
> load, and an area sufficient for lubricant. 
> I did this to mine after I had already installed the
> torque tube, and it was 
> a simple task. 
> The picture is still accessible in the archives. It works
> great. 
> 
> Kurt Winker. 
> 
> By the way, thanks are in order to Velocity and the whole
> building process. I 
> just rebuilt the tip tanks on my Cherokee 235
> (fiberglass, repaired Very 
> poorly by an A&P).  I completely rebuilt them and sealed
> them with Jeffco. They 
> are 10 times better than original equipment.
> 
> New tanks from Piper (without holes, fixtures or paint)
> $6000.00   
> 
> Completely rebuilding my own, with all new fixtures, and
> paint:  $550.00
> 
> Not having to pay ridiculous prices for obsolete parts: 
> Priceless  :) 
> > _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying


More information about the Reflector mailing list