REFLECTOR: MT Price List

Alex Balic alex157 at direcway.com
Tue Aug 3 23:31:59 CDT 2004


Dave,

I am one of those mavericks that is running something different- a 300+hp
6cyl turbocharged Subaru- my PSRU is configured for hydraulic prop, but I
have chosen to go electric if I do use a constant speed- would like to be
able to use a fixed if at all possible though, Craig said that he would try
to configure as best as he can after I see what rpm I get with a prop
designed for 260hp- I am guessing that any prop that can absorb 300 hp at
cruise will be a dog on takeoff, but who knows, Craig is good at what he
does.....

Alex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of davedent at comcast.net
  Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 10:02 PM
  To: alex157 at direcway.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: MT Price List


  I'm turning my IO-540 to 2700rpm that translate to 260hp.  That is what I
have told Craig to build too, also 190kts at that RPM. He was crunching the
numbers today.  He thinks he can do it.  He has done it on the E-Racer and
Harman Rockets, turning the same engine.  My plane is a Velo XL/RG.

  Don't forget to run the fixed prop you have to remove the inner plug or
have it drilled and tapped for a plug later and then put the crank expansion
plug in the end behind the prop.  I have removed the govenor and have the
plate on  now and tomorrow picking up the plug for the crank.


    -------------- Original message --------------

    Dave-
    How much HP are you running? and on what model Velocity? I was going to
use a Catto just for prelim flight testing on my XLRG, but might just keep
it on there if I get enough performance out of it-
      -----Original Message-----
      From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Dave Dent
      Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 10:32 AM
      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: MT Price List


      Plus the cost to put it on and balance it. Total will run right around
$16,000 ( for the big engines) if you buy it in California or from the
factory. CA tax will be included because of there being a distributor in CA.
>From over-seas there is a duty on it. That Catto fixed pitch is looking
better each day. $1700.00 and a 30lb weight savings. He is building mine as
I write. I will have it in three to four weeks. Also $8K is to much to have
the blades replace or fixed on the MT, as they say. They don't repair they
replace. I could buy a number of Catto props for that cost, one for all
seasons and still have the performances I need in the kind of flying I do. I
may take a couple of hundred more feet to take off but on the top end I know
I will do better.
      Talking to him yesterday he said he has been changing out the MT's on
the RV's for awhile now and they love them. Most just say they are loosing
about 100fpm on climb but are getting a lot better top end. Take off run
they find little differences. I'll let you know when it is flying. Good or
bad.
      Dave
      ----- Original Message -----
        From: robajohnson at comcast.net
        To: amillin at kal-soft.com ; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders
list
        Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 8:41 AM
        Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: MT Price List


        >> Prices DO NOT include the governor.<<

        Or the roughly $1,000 in shipping and customs costs.

        Dm Rob




------------------------------------------------------------------------


        _______________________________________________
        To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

        Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
        user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
        Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
        Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040803/6f64146c/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list