REFLECTOR: Last of the OSH stuff

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 3 10:06:26 CDT 2004


Scott,

I hope I was clear.  It was not marketed for normal ops.  It was
presented as a backup.  During normal ops, you should still be setting
your mixture and prop manually.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 10:57 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Last of the OSH stuff



>The mixture could be linked to the throttle.  It only worked one way 
>lean to rich.  If you were running lean and you advanced the throttle 
>the mixture could be advanced automatically in sympathy.  It looked 
>like it had adjustment so you could set your parameters.  Essentially 
>to prevent an excessively lean operation.

I'm sure I wouldn't want his. Once I get the mixture leaned out I don't 
want to change it unless I change altitude.  Also I'm leaned to say
75LOP 
and decide to cruise climb to 11500 from 9500, I would just increase the

throttle, give a bit of up trim and leave everything else alone until 
reaching 11500.  Then I would lean out a bit more to get back to 75LOP.

I just can't see how this would help in normal ops...

Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list