REFLECTOR:Skysport fuel level probe

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:07:32 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C42CEF.7A0A7C90
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

After further inquires I now get this response from Skysports:

=20

Current specs are proprietary, sorry we can't share the details. Suffice =
to
say we can emulate any variable resistance sender. All probes from 4" to =
24"
are $75 with hardware.

=20

The output from a sensor I paid them for is proprietary?  Go figure!

=20

Al

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On =
Behalf
Of Scott Baker
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 2:55 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Skysport fuel level probe

=20

Skysports makes several types of fuel senders.  If you purchased the =
probes
through Velocity, they are 12v IN and 0-5v OUT.

SB

----- Original Message -----=20

From: Al Gietzen <mailto:ALVentures@cox.net> =20

To: reflector <mailto:reflector@tvbf.org> =20

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 1:11 PM

Subject: REFLECTOR:Skysport fuel level probe

=20

Does anybody know the signal output from a Skysport, capacitance type =
fuel
level probe?  I bought it a few years back intending to use a Westach =
(or
Mitchill) panel gauge, and got a probe for a 0 - 90 Ohm gauge.  Now I =
want
to run the signal to my engine monitor system with digital display.

=20

I don't know what the signal output from the probe is - or the range.  I
have called and e-mailed Skysport, and all I have been able to do is =
confirm
that it is for a 0-90 Ohm gauge, which doesn't answer the question.  =
Further
inquiry has so far gone unanswered.  I'd like to avoid , if possible,
uninstalling the probe to make measurements just for concerns of leaks; =
and
I'm not ready to fill the tank with fuel.

=20

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask, I've gotten lots of useful input from =
this
group over the years; and it is greatly appreciated.

=20

Al


------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C42CEF.7A0A7C90
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.emailstyle17
	{font-family:Verdana;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{font-family:Verdana;
	color:blue;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body bgcolor=3Dwhite lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:
11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:blue'>After further inquires I now get =
this
response from Skysports:</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:
11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:blue'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>Current specs are proprietary, sorry we can't share the details.
Suffice to say we can emulate any variable resistance sender. All probes =
from
4&quot; to 24&quot; are $75 with hardware.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:
11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:blue'>The output from a sensor I paid =
them for
is proprietary?&nbsp; Go figure!</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:
11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:blue'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:
11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:blue'>Al</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:
11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:blue'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf
Of </span></b>Scott Baker<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Monday, April 26, =
2004 2:55
AM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Skysport
fuel level probe</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Skysports makes several =
types of
fuel senders.&nbsp; If you purchased the probes through Velocity, they =
are 12v
IN and 0-5v OUT.</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>SB</span></font></p>

</div>

<blockquote style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid black =
1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 3.0pt;
margin-left:3.0pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5.0pt'>=


<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>----- Original Message =
----- </span></font></p>

</div>

<div style=3D'font-color:black'>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-left:.5in;background:#E4E4E4'><b><font size=3D2
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>From:</span=
></font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> <a
href=3D"mailto:ALVentures@cox.net" title=3D"ALVentures@cox.net">Al =
Gietzen</a> </span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>To:</span><=
/font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> <a
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org" =
title=3D"reflector@tvbf.org">reflector</a> </span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span=
></font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'> Sunday,
April 25, 2004 1:11 PM</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold'>Subject:</s=
pan></font></b><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>
REFLECTOR:Skysport fuel level probe</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana'>Does anybody know the =
signal
output from a Skysport, capacitance type fuel level probe? &nbsp;I =
bought it a
few years back intending to use a Westach (or Mitchill) panel gauge, and =
got a
probe for a 0 &#8211; 90 Ohm gauge.&nbsp; Now I want to run the signal =
to my
engine monitor system with digital display.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana'>I don&#8217;t know what =
the signal
output from the probe is &#8211; or the range.&nbsp; I have called and =
e-mailed
Skysport, and all I have been able to do is confirm that it is for a =
0-90 Ohm
gauge, which doesn&#8217;t answer the question.&nbsp; Further inquiry =
has so
far gone unanswered. &nbsp;I&#8217;d like to avoid , if possible, =
uninstalling
the probe to make measurements just for concerns of leaks; and I&#8217;m =
not
ready to fill the tank with fuel.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana'>Figured it couldn&#8217;t =
hurt to
ask, I&#8217;ve gotten lots of useful input from this group over the =
years; and
it is greatly appreciated.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana'>Al</span></font></p>

</blockquote>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C42CEF.7A0A7C90--