REFLECTOR:Franklin oil Screen

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:58:25 -0400


It is normal to get a little bit of stuff on the screen ( or in the oil
filter if you add one ).  No more than a quarter teaspoon.  And nothing more
than 1/32" (certainly nothing big enough to have a part number on it!!!!)

Ronnie

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech@bluefrog.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Franklin oil Screen


| Thanks Don and Carl.  That's the info I needed.  Just cleaned the screen.
Wasn't much
| on it, but I have to wonder where the few pieces came from.
|
| John
|
| Donald Royer wrote:
|
| > If your Franklin is like mine you don't have to get into the oil pan to
| > check and clean the oil screen. It is the large nut next to the oil
drain
| > plug. Just unscew it and it comes out. I have been checking mine at
every
| > oil change. I have an oil filter. The screen gets the big pieces and the
| > filter get the little pieces. I saw plenty of both when my prop governor
| > disintegrated.
| >
| > Don
| >
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html