REFLECTOR:S-Tec Pitch Problem
Fred Marconi
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:53:20 -0400
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_02EC_01C42ABB.E79D1960
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
On the bobbing issue:
I got from S-Tec a potentiometer pod and a transistor I took the unit =
apart and made the appropiate modifications to the R109 transistor. I =
had to really turn the screw on the potentiometer counterclockwise and =
it worked. =20
I need however another potentiometer with even less gain. I installed =
the potentiometer via super glue right under or a little to the left of =
the round vertical knob. I made three little holes underneath in the =
facing so I could project the leads into the unit and in the inside I =
made my soldering connection and took the wire back to the R109 position =
etc. The pod faces forward so I can make the adjustment easily and it =
looks as part of the equipment. Worked out very nice. =20
Fred
N244FM
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Ueli Christen=20
To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 4:25 PM
Subject: AW: REFLECTOR:S-Tec Pitch Problem
Me too on the S-Tec 55 x
=20
-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---
Von: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] Im =
Auftrag von SlvEgl99@aol.com
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. April 2004 23:03
An: reflector@tvbf.org
Betreff: Re: REFLECTOR:S-Tec Pitch Problem
=20
Me too on the S-Tec.
Bob Wood
------=_NextPart_000_02EC_01C42ABB.E79D1960
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1 =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR><!--[if !mso]>
<STYLE>v\:* {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)
}
o\:* {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)
}
w\:* {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)
}
.shape {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)
}
</STYLE>
<![endif]--><o:SmartTagType name=3D"PersonName"=20
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:SmartTagT=
ype><!--[if !mso]>
<STYLE>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
</STYLE>
<![endif]-->
<STYLE>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.E-MailFormatvorlage17
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
@page Section1
{size:595.3pt 841.9pt;
margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 2.0cm 70.85pt;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DDE-CH style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: " =
vLink=3Dpurple link=3Dblue=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE id=3D0><LABEL id=3DHbSession =
SessionId=3D"3113081551"></LABEL>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>On the bobbing issue:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I got from S-Tec a potentiometer pod and a =
transistor I took=20
the unit apart and made the appropiate modifications to the R109=20
transistor. I had to really turn the screw on the potentiometer=20
counterclockwise and it worked. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I need however another potentiometer with even =
less=20
gain. I installed the potentiometer via super glue right under =
or a=20
little to the left of the round vertical knob. I made three =
little holes=20
underneath in the facing so I could project the leads into the unit =
and in the=20
inside I made my soldering connection and took the wire back to the =
R109=20
position etc. The pod faces forward so I can make the adjustment =
easily and it=20
looks as part of the equipment. Worked out very nice. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Fred</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>N244FM</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
<A title=3Dueli@christen-air.ch =
href=3D"mailto:ueli@christen-air.ch">Ueli=20
Christen</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, April 21, =
2004 4:25=20
PM</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> AW: REFLECTOR:S-Tec =
Pitch=20
Problem</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV class=3DSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial color=3Dnavy size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Me too on =
the S-Tec=20
55 x<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial color=3Dnavy size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<DIV>
<DIV class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"TEXT-ALIGN: center" =
align=3Dcenter><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><SPAN lang=3DDE =
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<HR tabIndex=3D-1 align=3Dcenter width=3D"100%" SIZE=3D2>
</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><B><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2><SPAN lang=3DDE =
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Tahoma">Von:</SPAN></FONT></B><FONT=20
face=3DTahoma size=3D2><SPAN lang=3DDE=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> <A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org">reflector-admin@tvbf.org</A>=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: =
bold">Im=20
Auftrag von </SPAN></B><A=20
href=3D"mailto:SlvEgl99@aol.com">SlvEgl99@aol.com</A><BR><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Gesendet:</SPAN></B> Mittwoch, 7. April =
2004=20
23:03<BR><B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">An:</SPAN></B> =
<st1:PersonName=20
w:st=3D"on"><A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A></st1:PersonName=
><BR><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Betreff:</SPAN></B> Re: REFLECTOR:S-Tec =
Pitch=20
Problem</SPAN></FONT><SPAN lang=3DDE><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P></DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Me too on the =
S-Tec.<BR><BR>Bob=20
Wood</SPAN></FONT><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_02EC_01C42ABB.E79D1960--