REFLECTOR:Franklin oil Screen
Scott Derrick
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:41:16 -0600
I was told the screen is to catch the part numbers.
At 01:03 AM 4/25/2004, you wrote:
>If your Franklin is like mine you don't have to get into the oil pan to
>check and clean the oil screen. It is the large nut next to the oil drain
>plug. Just unscew it and it comes out. I have been checking mine at every
>oil change. I have an oil filter. The screen gets the big pieces and the
>filter get the little pieces. I saw plenty of both when my prop governor
>disintegrated.
>
>Don
>
>
> > [Original Message]
> > From: John Dibble <aminetech@bluefrog.com>
> > To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
> > Date: 4/24/04 6:00:12 PM
> > Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Franklin oil Screen
> >
> > It's in the checklist in the Velocity POH. I do not have an oil filter.
>However to
> > get into the oil pan will require removing the engine, which I really
>don't want to
> > do.
> >
> > John
> >
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin