REFLECTOR:Here we go again ... was Forwarded from Canards@Yah oo

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:09:20 -0400


FOR SALE,

1 slightly used Lyc IO-540 with <150 hours on reman.  Runs perfect, 1 qt
oil/10 hours, smooth running, lots of power.  Reason for selling:  Switching
to Hugo power plant and want to sell while I still can before I have to give
it away.



-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Jim Sower
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 9:17 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Here we go again ... was Forwarded from
Canards@Yahoo


Chuck,
I think everyone is betting on the come.  The Lyc folks are inclined to
stick with the
devil they know and disinclined to open what looks very promising but might
be a
Pandora's box.  The auto folks are betting (with more and more assurance
these days)
that the development effort and cost will be manageable knowing that once
the thing
stabilizes it will be unbeatable.  The more folks that take the plunge and
document
their trials, the easier conversion will become and the more folks will
follow.
Nobody knows how bumpy the road will be, but I am supremely confident of the
ultimate
outcome - in a few years, Lycs will be about as common as conversions are
now, and
conversions will DOMINATE the business.

At least I sure hope so .... Jim S.


Chuck Jensen wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I agree with you (which is pretty scary in itself).  I think a lot of the
> Lycosaur vs. horseless carriage motive force preference is driven by the
> inclination of the user.  For those inclined to investigate, explore,
test,
> refit, retry, et al, the auto conversion fits the bill.  In the end, I
> suspect much of the gain is offset by extra down time and extra effort it
> takes to "customize" the installation, but its the journey that is as
> interesting as the destination.
>
> For those that find the exercise interesting, but must watch from the
> sidelines, the KIS approach with Lycosaur is beneficial.  Its simple,
> reasonably reliable, a pretty well known quantity and others can work on
it
> and have some chance of not screwing it up.  I fall into this later group.
> I buy into the Lycosaur, not for superior performance or characteristic,
but
> for ease of installation and maintenance.
>
> Fair Notice:  I am not an expert, there is a high likelihood that my
> information is not factual and I would advise all to ignore me.  This is
> apparently good advice since most people I work with have already adopted
> it.
>
> Chuck

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html