REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
Jim Sower
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:01:06 -0500
JCWhitney had some both solenoid and motor (jack-screw) operated for $35 - $50.
I was considering solenoid emergency shut off default open, electrically
closed. Same thing for strake-sump valve so I could temporarily shut off a
strake that was transferring to encourage the reluctant one.
They still have the jack-screw one, can't fine the others. Jack screw type
turns off power when it arrives at the selected position. Power failure would
fail it at the last position selected.
Don't know of any others, but I'm looking ... Jim S.
Chuck Jensen wrote:
> Not one I'd want to use. I would think you'd want it to be fail-safe open?
> So, you'd have to wire it around the master switch if you wanted to close it
> and leave it closed--- then the solenoid will draw current to keep it closed
> (against the spring that wants to hold it open) for hours/days. Can we say
> "dead battery". Maybe there's a different valve configuration available
> that I haven't considerd but the typical electrically actuated valve
> wouldn't be my first choice.
>
> Chuck
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
> Tom Martino
> Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 9:56 AM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
>
> Does anyone know of an electric shutoff valve?
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Balic [mailto:alex157@direcway.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 8:30 AM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
>
> I have installed this unit- it is well crafted- I will try to use a wire
> push-pull arrangement on it, but I am pretty sure that it will be emergency
> off only and resetabble by opening up the compartment and turning the valve
> by hand since it is relatively stiff. I did not use it at the firewall
> though, because after you grind away the back side to allow the threads to
> make it to the engine side to attach the nut, there is no way to swing the
> arm because you have a little tunnel there. so mine is just outside of the
> sump tank. I liked the fact that it was already set up with #6 flare
> fittings.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
> Andy Millin
> Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:25 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
> I ordered my fuel shutoff valve from Velocity. It is just like the one in
> all the velocity pictures. Brass with two 3/8" npt fittings.
>
> Today I got the Summit Racing catalog and it has an aluminum fuel shutoff -
> AN fitting - bulkhead penetrator, all in one.
> http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=2455
> <http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=2455>
>
> Does anyone have experience with this valve? Any thoughts about using it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On Behalf
> Of SlvEgl99@aol.com
> Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:42 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Panel warning/indicatorlights
> Thanks,
>
> I finally figured it out.
>
> Bob Wood
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Part 1.2 Type: application/ms-tnef
> Encoding: base64
--
Jim Sower ... Destiny's Plaything
Crossville, TN; Chapter 5
Long-EZ N83RT, Velocity N4095T