REFLECTOR:Whirl Wind Propeller
Andy Millin
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:40:34 -0400
I wrote to the people at Whirl Wind and asked them what they offered for the
pusher. Their response follows.
I don't know what the service history has been like for their product.
Sounds like they have thought about it. Maybe if they see some more
interest it might become more of a priority.
FYI,
Andy
-----Original Message-----
From: Whirl Wind Propellers [mailto:wwpc@whirlwindpropellers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 9:23 PM
To: amillin@kal-soft.com
Subject: RE: Question on the 400 prop
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we no longer manufacture the pusher
propellers since we stopped making the wood core blades and switched to all
composite construction. We make produce one in the future at some point,
but we don't have any definite plans yet. I wish I had better news for you.
Sincerely,
-Patti
Whirl Wind Propellers
-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Millin [mailto:amillin@kal-soft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 6:00 AM
To: wwpc@whirlwindpropellers.com
Subject: Question on the 400 prop
Hello,
I'm currently building a Velocity XL. MT has really been the only option.
The props have been found to be somewhat fragile and at that price it is
more than a little discouraging/disappointing. Especially given that
repairs are often made in Germany and the downtime can be several months.
Do you make your prop in the pusher configuration? If so, have you mounted
one on a Velocity XL? We have many builders that would love to have an
alternative.
Thanks,
Andy
www.kal-soft.com/velocity
========================================
Andy Millin
Kalamazoo Software, llc
(269) 345-2564
amillin@kal-soft.com