REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
Tom Martino
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:56:03 -0600
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C427B0.C474FB90
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Does anyone know of an electric shutoff valve?
=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Balic [mailto:alex157@direcway.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 8:30 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
=20
I have installed this unit- it is well crafted- I will try to use a wire
push-pull arrangement on it, but I am pretty sure that it will be
emergency off only and resetabble by opening up the compartment and
turning the valve by hand since it is relatively stiff. I did not use it
at the firewall though, because after you grind away the back side to
allow the threads to make it to the engine side to attach the nut, there
is no way to swing the arm because you have a little tunnel there. so
mine is just outside of the sump tank. I liked the fact that it was
already set up with #6 flare fittings.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:25 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Fuel Shutoff valve
I ordered my fuel shutoff valve from Velocity. It is just like
the one in all the velocity pictures. Brass with two 3/8" npt fittings.
=20
Today I got the Summit Racing catalog and it has an aluminum
fuel shutoff - AN fitting - bulkhead penetrator, all in one.
http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=3D2455
=20
Does anyone have experience with this valve? Any thoughts about
using it?
=20
Thanks,
=20
Andy
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On Behalf Of SlvEgl99@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:42 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Panel warning/indicatorlights
Thanks,
=09
I finally figured it out.
=09
Bob Wood=20
------_=_NextPart_001_01C427B0.C474FB90
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DProgId content=3DWord.Document>
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10">
<meta name=3DOriginator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10">
<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C4277E.6A091840">
<title>Message</title>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
<o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
</o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
<w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
<w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
<w:EnvelopeVis/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
mso-font-charset:0;
mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
span.EmailStyle17
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
span.SpellE
{mso-style-name:"";
mso-spl-e:yes;}
span.GramE
{mso-style-name:"";
mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */=20
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
</style>
<![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dblue style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>
<div class=3DSection1>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Does anyone know of an electric =
shutoff
valve?<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 color=3Dnavy face=3D"Times New =
Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> </span></fon=
t><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> Alex Balic
[mailto:alex157@direcway.com<span class=3DGramE>] <br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent</span></b></span><b><span
style=3D'font-weight:bold'>:</span></b> Wednesday, April 21, 2004 8:30 =
AM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> RE: =
REFLECTOR<span
class=3DGramE>:Fuel</span> Shutoff valve</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>I have installed =
this
unit- it is well crafted- I will try to use a wire push-pull
arrangement on it, but I am pretty sure that it will be emergency off =
only and
resetabble by opening up the compartment and turning the valve by hand =
since it
is relatively stiff. I did not use it at the firewall though, because =
after you
grind away the back side to allow the threads to make it to the engine =
side to
attach the nut, there is no way to swing the arm because you have a =
little
tunnel there. so mine is just outside of the sump tank. I liked =
the fact
that it was already set up with #6 flare =
fittings.</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5.0pt'>
<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:
12.0pt;margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf Of
</span></b>Andy Millin<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Tuesday, April 20, =
2004 3:25
PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> REFLECTOR:Fuel =
Shutoff
valve</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>I ordered my =
fuel shutoff
valve from Velocity. It is just like the one in all the =
velocity
pictures. Brass with two 3/8" npt =
fittings.</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Today I got the =
Summit
Racing catalog and it has an aluminum fuel shutoff - AN fitting - =
bulkhead
penetrator, all in one. <a
href=3D"http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=3D2455">http://=
store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=3D2455</a></span></font><o:p><=
/o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Does anyone have
experience with this valve? Any thoughts about using =
it?</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Thanks,</span></f=
ont><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Andy</span></font=
><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5.0pt'>
<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:0in;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:
12.0pt;margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf
Of </span></b>SlvEgl99@aol.com<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Tuesday, April 20, =
2004 3:42
PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Panel
warning/indicatorlights</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial
FAMILY=3DSANSSERIF PTSIZE=3D10><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Thanks,<br>
<br>
I finally figured it out.<br>
<br>
Bob Wood</span></font><font face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-family:Arial'> </span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
</div>
</body>
</html>
=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C427B0.C474FB90--