REFLECTOR:Fw: [Canards] Sun and Fun Pics
Dale W. Thomas
reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:58:32 -0400 (EDT)
You might also reflect back on your college days and summons up your best
'lawyer-like' oratorical skills and make a compelling argument to your
jury of one.... Oh..... she's already seen through that scheme, huh?
Well, it was worth a try..... ;-)
Dale
> Chris,
>
> I got a fix for all your problems....that being the dogs and leaving
> things outside. Just take one of the show dogs and show him outside
> where you have the plane parked in the drive way. Take a clothes pin
> and pin to a sensitive part of the dog and tie him up to the gear leg
> with a 10' leash. I'm predicting nobody is going to mess with the plane
> though I have no idea how you'll get close enough to untie him in the
> morning.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Christopher Barber
> Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 12:48 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fw: [Canards] Sun and Fun Pics
>
>
> Thanks for the additional heads up. Agreed, I would prefer not to use
> the templates. I just don't know of a realistic option. Even though I
> love the photos, SWMBO, nor the City of Houston and homeowners assoc,
> would not be amused. She already "expresses concern" (yes, that is a
> euphemism) about fiberglass and micro dust getting in the house (her
> babysitting 7 dogs, however, is GOOD for the house...and the way it
> smells <g>. Her hobby is showing dogs).
>
> Actually, that is one of the things I wished to discuss with Velocity.
> I am on the end of a slow moving list of 15 waiting for the privilege to
> pay $350.00 a month for a hanger. But the reality is, I like working in
> my garage and feel I get WAAAAY more done having my "hanger" in my
> garage and just off the kitchen. I will routinely go out and check a
> lay-up at 1 or 2 am and/or pull off peel ply before I go to work.
>
> One of the web pages showed bolting the templates (via a jig) into the
> concrete floor. But, I did not see anything in the plans about that, so
> I was hoping for some insight from the factory folks.
>
>
> Ok, finally a real question. How long do I need to have the wings on?
> I can roll the plane to the driveway, but could only leave it overnight
> if I sleep in the garage. (I live in and love Houston, but you do NOT
> leave things "out"......nor sticking out). Could it be realistic to
> mount the wings in the morning and remove them that night or the next
> day??? Even if possible, seems like it would be a real pain.
> I may be able to squeeze a wing on, but, again, how long would this be
> needed. I may be able to handle Jana if it were only a relatively short
> period (that is if I could even make it fit.) Also, does having just
> one wing mounted effect the process since it is uneven?
>
> I was able to make good use of the beautiful weekend. I went flying <g>
> and did some "repair building". I still have one minor project (glassing
> in the dog house) before I figure out how to get my plane into the
> garage with a wing on it (a shoe horn?). Even if possible, it would
> block access to the freezer, washer and dryer.....this too would not
> amuse Jana.....or, give in, and make the templates......I did just
> receive some more Velocipoxy....so, I am ready to add micro <g>.
>
> Thanks again. I will be in deep contemplation.
>
> All the best,
>
> Chris
>
>
> Christopher Barber
>
> Attorney and Counselor at Law
>
>
>
> "Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
>
> Barber Law Firm
> 11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
> Suite 103
> Houston, Texas 77089-4755
> 281-464-LAWS (5297)
>
>
> CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
> <http://www.texasattorney.net/> www.TexasAttorney.net
>
>
>
> <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001> Texas
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Alex Balic
> Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 4:27 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fw: [Canards] Sun and Fun Pics
>
>
> Chris-
> Please tell me that you are going to build the strakes with the wings
> attached, and not with the factory supplied "templates" (er, I mean
> random strake leading edge positioning devices) if you do use the
> templates, be sure to order about another cubic foot of filler to fix
> the mismatch between the resulting strake leading edges and the
> wings.... Just FYI, been there, already paid the price....
>
>
> Alex
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of CBarber
> Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 10:46 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Fw: [Canards] Sun and Fun Pics
>
>
> Thanks for the pix.
>
> Ok, now a really quick rant/vent. I am all for fun and business
> opportunity at Sun & Fun, but I am mildly annoyed that no body was left
> back a Sebastian to be able address my technical questions and will not
> be back 'till the 20th. Dang it, I am about to start the dreaded
> STRAKES. It should be perfect weekend weather for building here in
> Houston, mid 70, LOW humidity and sunny and I am gonna be nervous
> starting this next big project without Branden's comforting words of
> support.....like the 411 on the PITA strake templates. Thanks for the
> vent. :-)
>
> All the best,
>
> Chris
>
>
>
>
>
> Christopher Barber
>
> Attorney and Counselor at Law
>
>
>
> "Serving the needs of Senior Texans"
>
> Barber Law Firm
> 11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
> Suite 103
> Houston, Texas 77089-4755
> 281-464-LAWS (5297)
>
>
> CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
> <http://www.texasattorney.net/> www.TexasAttorney.net
>
>
>
> <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001> Texas
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Ronnie Brown
> Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:20 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR:Fw: [Canards] Sun and Fun Pics
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Terry <mailto:tlamp@columbus.rr.com> Lamp
> To: Canards@tnstaafl.net <mailto:Canards@tnstaafl.net> ; Canard
> Aviators <mailto:canard-aviators@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:22 PM
> Subject: [Canards] Sun and Fun Pics
>
>
> Just back from S-N-F and thought I'd share a couple of pics.
>
> Had to wait for the ice to melt off the plane this morning!!!
>
> Quit a blow came through Monday night as you'll see.
>
> Volunteered 30 hours in the 4 days we were there. It was a great time.
>
> Terry
> N977JT
>
> http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287147149
> <http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287147149&code=9200020&mode=invite>
> &code=9200020&mode=invite
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _____
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Canards mailing list
> Canards@tnstaafl.net <mailto:Canards@tnstaafl.net>
> http://mail.tnstaafl.net/mailman/listinfo/canards_tnstaafl.net