REFLECTOR: Strakes

Alex Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:09:46 -0500


Now that is dedication!

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Kufalk
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 1:15 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Strakes


I agree.  I tried the templates and quickly figured out how poorly they
represented my wings  I had to come up with another plan.  I'm glad I took
the time to do it right.  I could only put one wing on at a time but I think
the extra work paid off in the end.  (see attached picture)

Darrell Kufalk
Building an XLRG in Waukesha WI


----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Black" <dvblack@comcast.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Strakes


> Alex,
>
> > Please tell me that you are going to build the strakes with
> > the wings attached, and not with the factory supplied
> > "templates"  (er, I mean random strake leading edge
> > positioning devices)    if you do use the templates, be sure
> > to order about another cubic foot of filler to fix the
> > mismatch between the resulting strake leading edges and the
> > wings.... Just FYI, been there, already paid the price....
>
> Right on!!
>
> To everyone who has not built their strakes yet, ABSOLUTELY install your
wings
> while doing so. If necessary, be a little creative...
>
> Dave Black
>


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----