REFLECTOR:Jeffco and strakes

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:12:30 EDT


-------------------------------1081606350
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'll second Alex's comments.  The slow hardener wasn't available when I did 
my strakes. Coating them was easy and worked well. Attaching the strake top 
however was a royal pain with the regular hardener. 

A couple points I noticed,  The jeffco hardens much faster if the weather is 
warm and humid!
Don't ask me how I know this, but I do. 

Since the strake attachment is a "no turning back" event, it would help to 
have some extra hands around. 

Have all your weights and such ready to go and within reach.  Mine took more 
weight than I had anticipated due to the higher humidity. I had to find some 
more weight FAST. 

All in all Jeffco is great. I wish I had the slower hardener at the time, but 
I like the product. 

Kurt Winker

-------------------------------1081606350
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUS-ASCII http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; cha=
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV>I'll second Alex's comments.&nbsp; The slow hardener wasn't available w=
hen I did my strakes. Coating them was easy and worked well. Attaching the s=
trake top however was a royal pain with the regular hardener. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A couple points I noticed,&nbsp; The jeffco hardens much faster if&nbsp=
;the weather&nbsp;is warm and humid!</DIV>
<DIV>Don't ask me how I know this, but I do. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Since the strake attachment is a "no turning back" event, it would help=
 to have some extra hands around. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Have all your weights and such ready to go and within reach.&nbsp; Mine=
 took more weight than I had anticipated due to the higher humidity. I had t=
o find some more weight FAST. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>All in all Jeffco is great. I wish I had the slower hardener at the tim=
e, but I like the product. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kurt Winker</DIV></BODY></HTML>

-------------------------------1081606350--