REFLECTOR:Rudder cables

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:47:51 -0700 (PDT)


Kurt,

I put some Break Free CLP (firearm lubricant) in the tube
before inserting the cable so it would coat and soak into
the cable.  I have used this product for years and it
doesn't get sticky and will lubricate at very low
temperatures.  It penetrates like crazy!  Actually the
nyflow tubing is sort of self lubricating at reasonable
cable pressures.  I also have turning pulleys at the wing
root to allow the cable to feed straight into the tubing
and eliminate the side load.

Jim
--- Dave Black <dvblack@comcast.net> wrote:
> Kurt,
> 
> 
> > I was wondering if builders are coating the rudder
> cables with
> > lube ( lithium or the like) before installing them. I
> didn't
> > notice any mention of lube in my plans or the online
> plans,
> > but it may make things ride better and last longer.
> 
> I lubed mine for exactly the reasons you stated. I used
> graphite, as I figured
> it would not add any drag.
> 
> Dave Black
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying