[Fwd: Re: REFLECTOR:Props]

John & Mary Wright reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:57:58 -0700


<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
 style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
We have about 300 hours on our Whirlwind prop---Nice people !&nbsp;&nbsp; I have
a sneaky feeling that if enough genuine interest was shown--plus some
sales--that dirty ole money talks---he might get interested again in a
pusher prop !?<br>
Mary<br>
--<br>
-------- Original Message --------
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <th valign="baseline" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Subject: </th>
      <td>Re: REFLECTOR:Props</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th valign="baseline" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Date: </th>
      <td>Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:12:23 -0600</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th valign="baseline" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">From: </th>
      <td>Scott Derrick <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:scott@tnstaafl.net">&lt;scott@tnstaafl.net&gt;</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th valign="baseline" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Reply-To: </th>
      <td><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th valign="baseline" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">To: </th>
      <td><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th valign="baseline" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">References: </th>
      <td><a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:003701c41bd6$1a7764c0$6700a8c0@thebeach.net">&lt;003701c41bd6$1a7764c0$6700a8c0@thebeach.net&gt;</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:002101c41bd5$a53a1e50$6387a8c0@KAZOOSOFT.COM">&lt;002101c41bd5$a53a1e50$6387a8c0@KAZOOSOFT.COM&gt;</a></td>
    </tr>
  </tbody>
</table>
<br>
<br>
<pre>&gt;I found Whirlwind <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.whirlwindpropellers.com">http://www.whirlwindpropellers.com</a> has a prop that would
&gt;be good for the XL.  I don't know that they make it in the pusher
&gt;configuration.  At $12.5K for the prop and $1,275 for the governor it ain't
&gt;cheap.  After hearing the maintenance and downtime woes, any option that
&gt;would be more robust than the MT sounds like it would be a better value.

I talked to Whirlwind a year ago and they said they were "thinking" about 
"starting" to adapt it for pusher configuration..

I talked to Carter Copter a few months ago about their constant speed 
composite prop design.  They are very interested in having it developed for 
the experimental market.  I didn't go into the details with them other than 
they would like to license the design to further its development and of 
course put some cash into thier pockets. I would certainly be interested in 
participating in a project like this.  Anybody else interested in doing this?


Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector">http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a>

Visit the gallery!  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</a>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</a>
Check old archives: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html">http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</a>

</pre>
</body>
</html>