REFLECTOR:Follow up on my bad landing

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:29:44 -0400


Don,

You're not the first and you won't be the last pilot who has a gear-up
incident in a Velocity.

I have 1000 hours total time, 900 of them in fixed gear Cessnas where the
gear is down and welded.

I know that I am very susceptible to forgetting to putting the gear down -
so I developed the technique that I shared with all of you.  If you took
that as being self righteous, then I apologize.  Hopefully, we can learn
from each other's mistakes and throw this in with some pointers that others
of us have learned, perhaps we can avoid the pain of having a gear up.
These pointers include assembly and maintenance checks, test gear extensions
while on jacks, practicing letting the gear down manually, and yes, checking
to make sure the pump ran and two green lights resulted - and one last check
for two greens on short final.

Our goal should be NO MORE GEAR UP LANDINGS IN OUR VELOCITIES - EVER!!!!

Again Don, thank you for your honesty - and I certainly am sorry that it
happened!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!!

Ronnie Brown

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Royer" <djroyer@earthlink.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Follow up on my bad landing


|
| Not really. Maybe I was a bit short with you. Your's was only one of
| several responses that had what I considered to have a self-righteous
| condescending tone that I was getting tired of. I did not report this
| incident so that I could be preached at and talked down to. If  I ever
have
| another incident of any kind, I am not sure that I will report it.
|
| Don
|
|
| > Based on your somewhat terse answer you
| > seem to suffer from additional "Hang ups"
|
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
|