REFLECTOR:RG Pressure Switch

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:42:41 -0500


Could this "hang up" be fixed by briefly cracking open the emergency dump valve?
John

Jack Sheehan wrote:

> Could you explain what you mean by "Hung Up"? I have experienced the
> problem of placing the gear switch in the down position and nothing
> happening. The problem can be resolved by pushing the reset button.
> Do not push the reset button with the switch in the up position. I
> discussed the problem with Scott Swing and the explanation about the
> high and low pressure seems correct the system can bleed pressure to
> the other side. therefore when you place the switch in the down
> position the pressure switch already thinks the gear is in the down
> position. The pressure switches have adjustment screws on the top. I
> adjusted the pressure by about a 1/4 turn of the screw for the down
> switch ( which is the outboard switch or the switch closer to the
> fuselage) It was OK for a while then it did it again so another 1/4
> turn. It has been fine since.
> Having had this problem I can not put the gear switch down without
> wondering if it is going to work therefore I pay particular attention
> to the lights
> Sorry for your mishap and hope you get back flying soon
>
> Jack
> N55XL
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html