REFLECTOR:Metal Props and Pushers

Greg Poole reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:24:25 +1000


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0168_01C41C8A.80001490
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Fellas, a reminder to please change the subject header when the topic =
changes...

Don't necessarily think we are comparing apples with apples here when =
talking about Lake Amphibs when they have pylon mounted engines & props. =
While they are pushers, I believe our canard props operate in much more =
disturbed air than they do and this likely would have a substantial =
bearing on fatigue effects on metal props....

....what can we do to convince Aerocomposites to push (sorry!) ahead =
with all composite prop blades for our machines??  ...a typical chicken =
or egg situation?  Should we let them know as a group of the potential =
clients they may have here? (...at the right price of course!)

Greg.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ronnie Brown=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 7:54 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Follow up on my bad landing


  I have wondered about that too.  And the IVO props too.  One bad =
incident and they are forever banished. =20

  I think the ban on metal props go back to Burt's Long EZ days.

  Wonder if there is any more data on these.

  Ronnie =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: SlvEgl99@aol.com=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
    Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 5:26 PM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Follow up on my bad landing


    I notice a lot of Lake aircraft flying around. They have pushers and =
I think IO540's driving them. Any one investigate their props?

    Bob Wood
    XL FG, IO540, MT 
------=_NextPart_000_0168_01C41C8A.80001490
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Fellas, a reminder to please change the subject header when the =
topic=20
changes...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don't necessarily think we are comparing apples with apples here =
when=20
talking about Lake Amphibs when they have pylon mounted engines &amp; =
props.=20
While they are pushers, I believe our canard props operate in much more=20
disturbed air than they do and this likely would have a substantial =
bearing on=20
fatigue effects on metal props....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>....what can we do to convince Aerocomposites to push (sorry!) =
ahead with=20
all composite prop blades for our machines??&nbsp; ...a typical chicken =
or egg=20
situation?&nbsp; Should we let them know as a group of the potential =
clients=20
they may have here? (...at the right price of course!)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Greg.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dromott@adelphia.net =
href=3D"mailto:romott@adelphia.net">Ronnie=20
  Brown</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, April 07, 2004 =
7:54=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Follow =
up on my=20
  bad landing</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have wondered about that too.&nbsp; And the IVO =
props=20
  too.&nbsp; One bad incident and they are forever banished.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I think the ban on metal props go back to Burt's =
Long EZ=20
  days.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Wonder if there is any more data on =
these.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3DSlvEgl99@aol.com=20
    href=3D"mailto:SlvEgl99@aol.com">SlvEgl99@aol.com</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 06, 2004 =
5:26=20
    PM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Follow =
up on my=20
    bad landing</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
    PTSIZE=3D"10" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I notice a lot of Lake aircraft =
flying=20
    around. They have pushers and I think IO540's driving them. Any one=20
    investigate their props?<BR><BR>Bob Wood<BR>XL FG, IO540, MT</FONT>=20
  </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0168_01C41C8A.80001490--