REFLECTOR:DOOR SHOCKS

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:13:49 -0600


------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

This may not apply, but how old are your shocks? They only last a could of years. I had to replace mine before I ever got into the air.
Don


----- Original Message ----- 
From: Tom Martino 
To: reflector@www.tvbf.org
Sent: 4/6/04 9:50:05 AM 
Subject: REFLECTOR:DOOR SHOCKS


I can’t be the only one who experienced this:  My doors won’t stay up with the Factory supplied door shocks.  I installed them exactly as instructed and the shocks are just “weak” enough to let the drop.  My doors have the strake extensions on them (with extra elbow room inside).  That could’ve added weight.  Do  I simply order the same kind – with a higher poundage?
 
Does anyone know the capacity of the ones supplied by the factory?  
 
 
 
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1 = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content=Word.Document name=ProgId>
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=GENERATOR>
<META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="cid:filelist.xml@01C41BBC.7262B690" rel=File-List><o:SmartTagType name="PersonName" namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:SmartTagType>
<STYLE>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
</STYLE>

<STYLE>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:Arial;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
	mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
span.SpellE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-spl-e:yes;}
span.GramE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=EN-US style="tab-interval: .5in" vLink=purple link=blue>
<DIV>This may not apply, but how old are your shocks? They only last a could of years. I had to replace mine before I ever got into the air.</DIV>
<DIV>Don</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=tmartino@troubleshooter.com href="mailto:tmartino@troubleshooter.com">Tom Martino</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A title=reflector@www.tvbf.org href="mailto:reflector@www.tvbf.org">reflector@www.tvbf.org</A></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 4/6/04 9:50:05 AM </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:DOOR SHOCKS</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=2>
<DIV class=Section1>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I can’t be the only one who experienced this:<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>My doors won’t stay up with the Factory supplied door shocks. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>I installed them exactly as instructed and the shocks are just “weak” enough to let the drop.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>My doors have the strake extensions on them (with extra elbow room inside).<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>That could’ve added weight.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><SPAN class=GramE>Do <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>I</SPAN> simply order the </SPAN></FONT><st1:PersonName><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">sam</SPAN></FONT></st1:PersonName><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">e kind – with a higher poundage?<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Does anyone know the capacity of the ones supplied by the factory?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-no-proof: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--