REFLECTOR:S-Tec modifications

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:03:30 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C41BB6.082B74C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Fred,

Who did you talk to at S-Tec? Please send me the name and number. I=20

have the same problem and need to make the fix. I have been flying=20

for a year planning on fixing the S-Tec 30 but always keep putting it=20

off. When I spoke with someone in tech service at S-Tec they did not=20

seem to have a good answer. I guess you need to get the right person.

Jack

N55XL

=20

As I understand it, it is a matter of changing the gain, which can be =
done
by putting a resistance in the circuit, or changing (reducing) the level =
arm
of the servo.  The amount of the resistance, or length of the arm =
depends on
your installation. Someone on here solved the problem by removing the
arm-plate, and bolting the pushrod directly to the hub.  Be sure you =
take
measures to prevent it from going over-center.

=20

I drilled the servo arm very close to the hub, as far in as I could go =
and
still get the full travel that I needed.  I'll eventually see how it =
works
when I fly.  The advantage in wiring in the pot is you can adjust the
resistance until you get the response you want; then put in that fixed
value.

=20

Al =20


------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C41BB6.082B74C0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Nimrod;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 1 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Nimrod;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 62.3pt 1.0in 62.3pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Fred,</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Who
did you talk to at S-Tec? Please send me the name and number. I =
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>have
the same problem and need to make the fix. I have been flying =
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>for
a year planning on fixing the S-Tec 30 but always keep putting it =
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>off.
When I spoke with someone in tech service at S-Tec they did not =
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>seem
to have a good answer. I guess you need to get the right =
person.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Jack</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>N55XL</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>As I understand it, it is a matter of changing the =
gain,
which can be done by putting a resistance in the circuit, or changing
(reducing) the level arm of the servo. &nbsp;The amount of the =
resistance, or
length of the arm depends on your installation. Someone on here solved =
the
problem by removing the arm-plate, and bolting the pushrod directly to =
the hub.&nbsp;
Be sure you take measures to prevent it from going =
over-center.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>I drilled the servo arm very close to the hub, as =
far in
as I could go and still get the full travel that I needed.&nbsp; =
I&#8217;ll
eventually see how it works when I fly.&nbsp; The advantage in wiring in =
the
pot is you can adjust the resistance until you get the response you =
want; then
put in that fixed value.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Al&nbsp; </span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C41BB6.082B74C0--