REFLECTOR:MT Prop went missing
Dave Black
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 03:27:24 -0500
Jim,
> From what I could see of the
> picture, and it being waaaay outboard, my guess is this thing is a lot more about
> higher math than sticks and stones.
Sounds right to me. I believe this occurred at cruise power. Greg Poole
reported nothing unusual during the takeoff. Greg is a pretty observant bloke,
so I'm confident he would have noticed hitting a runway light or axe
positioned 6" above the tarmac.
The fact that there are no marks attributable to the alleged object is
certainly suspicious. As is the very straight tear in the wood. And the fact
that TWO blades failed identically at the same time, in flight, yet no
physical object has been identified as the culprit.
I'd love to have a look at prop failure photos in MT's files. Have a feeling
there are more photos virtually identical to these.
Dave Black