REFLECTOR:New Marketing Slogan

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:44:51 -0600


--============_-1130895801==_ma============
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"

What red-blooded male wouldn't want a mistress that turns you on, and 
your wife encourages you keep seeing her.  Kudos to Fred.

Best,
Dennis
FADEC, Chevy-powered FG

>Fred said;
>
>"The climb and reach
>altitude and level function was a complete orgasm".
>
>Yes!!!!!...my incentive restored to get building at a furious pace 
>while I'm still able!!
>
>...to build or....
>
>;^)
>
>Greg in Sydney.
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Fred Marconi" <<mailto:fmarconi@bellsouth.net>fmarconi@bellsouth.net>
>To: <<mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org>
>Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 2:51 PM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Up
>
>  >
>>    Dear Scott B:
>>
>>    Well I was a little angry about the fork.  Mad Mike, before leaving was
>>  very emphatic about changing the fork, he said there was a new one, much
>>  better.  I called you on this specifically and you said everything was fine.
>>  If there was a question, why did yu not call mad Mike to make sure
>>  everything was OK.?   If not for wishing to center the wheel on the fork I
>>  would not have noticed what was happening.  This is why the bolt did not
>>  turn, I spoke to you about that as well.  In any event it's my fault for not
>>  reading the V-News but then again what of the clients that are not
>>  subscribed.  Well I have read the V-News but did not pick up on this.  On
>>  another note if this is such an issue as with car companies that have
>>  thousands upon thousands of clients, when a defect is noticed, they have
>>  knowledge of who bought what and they notify the client directly.  There
>>  should have been a record of when I bought the fork and what fork and if
>>  this was such an issue to the well being of the client and the factory I
>>  should have been notified by mail.  When it comes to sending me a bill there
>>  is never a delay.  THAT VELOCITY KEEPS GOOD TRACK OFF.
>>
>>     Scott on these issues the company need to take a greater role in
>>  notifying the client.  YOu know how concientious I have been.  Rest assured
>>  that if I would have recieved a note form Velocity on this I would have
>>  taken action.  I did not hesitate to spend over $7000.00 for a new wing.  I
>>  still love you, YOU ARE GREAT!
>>
>>    Now on the brakes.  Really these Matcos are.....Well what can I say.  I
>>  mean I can land in 2500' with as little experience as I have, but the brakes
>>  do leave a lot to be desired.   It Chuck is right about the Clevelands the
>>  company should not be recommending or selling the Matco's  We do not need to
>>  be worried about overheating the brakes and damaging our main gear if there
>>  is a better alternative.
>>
>>    On a better note, I have 0.7 hours to go for the sign off.  The plane has
>>  performed beautifully.  today I did alot of x-wind landings, at Pohokee I
>>  landed with a 90 degree 15-18 mile x-wing.  I love how the plane handles.  I
>>  love to fly this plane, it's a rush.
>>
>>     I do have a problem with the s-Tec autopilot.  On the roll control the
>>  plane bobs constantly from right to left.  The ailerons just keep on going
>>  up and down.  The oscilations are small and very anoying.  Nathan had
>>  adjusted the ailerons slightly down, after flying the plane they as 3/16" up
>>  both.  I am going to tighten the cables and readjust the ailerons to a down
>>  position.  What input do you have for me on this issue.  The climb and reach
>>  altitude and level function was a complete orgasm.
>>
>>    I practice on some high approaches on final and fast slow descent then
>>  nosing down to 100 then smoothing her in.  This plane handles great!!!!
>>  Would be interesting to see how she might perform with vortex generators and
>>  fences.
>>
>>    Fred
>>    ----- Original Message -----
>>    From: "Scott Baker" <<mailto:sbakr@comcast.net>sbakr@comcast.net>
>>    To: <<mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org>
>>    Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 7:27 AM
>>    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Up
>>
>>
>>    > Fred,
>>    >     I don't think it's quite fair for anyone to criticize the factory
>>  for a
>  >   > busted nose wheel fork if it is of the old (smaller) design.  The
>>  factory
>>    > has mentioned this time after time after time in the VV that the old
>>  forks
>>    > should be replaced.  The factory subsidized the cost of the new forks.
>>  If
>>    > someone is operating an old fork today - they are ignoring the warning
>>  from
>>    > the factory.  So please don't lay blame on the factory for an "almost
>>    > mishap" when your older fork developed a crack.
>>    >     In regards to the main wheel getting stuck on the lip at the bottom
>>  of
>>    > the wheel well.  This was caused as you know when the main gear leg
>>  warped
>>    > when it became overheated after being exposed to the excessively hot
>>  heat
>>    > from the brakes.  Overheated brakes and the problems that come from
>>    > overheated brakes has also been the subject of repeated articles in the
>>    > Velocity Views.  If you ride the brakes or do repeated hard braking, a
>>  lot
>>    > of heat develops around the brake disk, which is then transferred to the
>>    > gear leg.  Too much heat leads to a softening of the gear legs.  And if
>>    > there is any stress on the gear legs when they are soft, the legs will
>>  warp
>>    > to relieve the stress.  We need to a) understand that this situation is
>>    > possible, b) try to avoid overheating the brakes, and c) when the brakes
>>  are
>>    > overheated, do something about it like throwing a wet towel around the
>>  leg
>>    > and/or pulling the aircraft forward about 15' after it has been stopped
>>  so
>>    > that the pressures on the gear leg are neutralized, and lastly d) look
>>  for a
>>    > warped leg during the preflight, just in case a,b,and c have been
>>  ignored.
>>    > If the wheel or lower portion of the gear leg looks crooked, the
>>  geometry of
>>    > the gear has obviously changed - and therefore the clearances of the
>>  gear
>>    > going into the wheel well will be changed and there is a possibility of
>>    > getting wheel stuck in the well.  The lip at the wheel well presents a
>>  ledge
>>    > where hardware can catch and hang-up when this happens - so yes, I agree
>>    > with you that not having a lip is better than having a lip - but
>>  eliminating
>>    > the lip does not eliminate the possibility of a stuck gear ... the tire
>>    > could easily wedge itself against the wheel well and the gear could be
>>  stuck
>>    > to the point that it might not come down.  Again the root of this
>>  paragraph
>>    > was overheated brakes and warped gear legs.
>>    >
>>    > ----- Original Message -----
>>    > From: "Fred Marconi" 
>><<mailto:fmarconi@bellsouth.net>fmarconi@bellsouth.net>
>>    > To: <<mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org>
>>    > Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 12:45 AM
>>    > Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Up
>>    >
>>    >
>>    > >   Scott:  Insurances for Velocity are provided at with a 10%
>>  deductible.
>>    > At
>>    > > that I felt that it was not wise to take hull coverage.
>>    > >
>>    > >   Velocity has a bad record, and I have to say that this is in part
>>  the
>>    > > factory's fault.  The initial fork that was used for the front wheel
>>  was a
>>    > > bad desigh.  It took many accidents before they decided to change.
>>    > > Insurances did not forget this.  The landing gear system can be better
>>    > > designed, the factory is slow to change, we pay the insurance price.
>>    > >
>>    > >   I was one of the lucky ones, I cought the crack on the old fork
>>  before a
>>    > > mishap, I do have to thank the company for offering me a replacement
>>  for
>>    > the
>>    > > new desigh at no charge.  The mains, well they got stuck on me and
>>    > > fortunatelly I had someone in the plane and we knocked them loose.
>>  The
>>    > > wheel got cought on the inbord lip of the strake.  The camber had
>>  changed
>>    > 2
>>    > > degrees, enough to cause a problem.  I removed the lip and will add
>>  the
>>    > > material to the skirt.  This skirts need to be redisigned, they would
>>  not
>>    > > hear of this.
>>    > >
>>    > >   Fred
>>    > >
>>    > >   ----- Original Message -----
>>    > >   From: "Scott Derrick" 
>><<mailto:scott@tnstaafl.net>scott@tnstaafl.net>
>>    > >   To: <<mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org>
>  >   > >   Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 2:01 PM
>>    > >   Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Up
>>    > >
>>    > >
>>    > >   > Don,
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > What a drag!!! IN more ways than one!!  Sorry for the bad joke,
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > Having just been through a nose up landing because of a stuck up
>>  nose
>>    > > gear
>>    > >   > I feel some of your pain.  THough I didn't trash a prop, I'm still
>>    > >   > reshaping the nose, rebuilding the nose gear doors, and completely
>>    > >   > replacing the nose gear assembly so I have the latest and greatest
>>    > >   > equipment.
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > I don;t have in-flight insurance so I'm doig htis out of pocket.
>>  Not
>>    > to
>>    > >   > bad really, but a trashed MT would have been pricey!
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > Hope you figure out why it didn't lock.  What year was your kit?
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > Scott
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > > I had the main gear on my 173RGE collapse on landing this
>>  afternoon.
>>    > > At
>>    > >   > > first glance the damage doesn't seem to be too bad. A ground up
>>    > belly
>>    > > and
>>    > >   > > a trashed MT prop.
>>    > >   > >
>>    > >   > > It is really too soon to do much speculation as to the cause
>>  until I
>>    > > have
>>    > >   > > had a chance to examine it more carefully. However, at  this
>>  point
>>    > it
>>    > >   > > looks as though the overcenter linkage may simply not have
>>  latched
>>    > >   > > properly. I can't really say whether I had two greens on the
>>  gear
>>    > > lights
>>    > >   > > or not, but I am sure that I didn't have a red light.
>>    > >   > >
>>    > >   > > I will report back if and when I have more definite information
>>  as
>>    > to
>>    > > what
>>    > >   > > happened.
>>    > >   > >
>>    > >   > > Donald Royer
>>    > >   > > <mailto:djroyer@earthlink.net>djroyer@earthlink.net
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > _______________________________________________
>>    > >   > To change your email address, visit
>>    > > 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>    > >   >
>>    > >   > Visit the gallery! 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>    > >   > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>    > >   > Check new archives: 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>    > >   > Check old archives:
>>    > 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>    > >
>>    > > _______________________________________________
>>    > > To change your email address, visit
>>    > 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>    > >
>>    > > Visit the gallery!  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>    > > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>    > > Check new archives: 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>    > > Check old archives:
>> 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>    >
>>    >
>>    > _______________________________________________
>>    > To change your email address, visit
>> 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>    >
>>    > Visit the gallery!  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>    > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>    > Check new archives: 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>    > Check old archives: 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>  _______________________________________________
>>  To change your email address, visit 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>  Visit the gallery!  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>  Check new archives: <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>  Check old archives: 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

--============_-1130895801==_ma============
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<html><head><style type="text/css"><!--
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: REFLECTOR:New Marketing
Slogan</title></head><body>
<div>What red-blooded male wouldn't want a mistress that turns you on,
and your wife encourages you keep seeing her.&nbsp; Kudos to Fred.
</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Best,</div>
<div>Dennis</div>
<div>FADEC, Chevy-powered FG</div>
<div><br></div>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>Fred said;</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&nbsp;</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite><i>&quot;The climb and reach<br>
altitude and level function was a complete orgasm&quot;.</i><br>
</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>Yes!!!!!...my incentive restored to get
building at a furious pace while I'm still able!!</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&nbsp;</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>...to build or....</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&nbsp;</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>;^)</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&nbsp;</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>Greg in Sydney.</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&nbsp;</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>----- Original Message -----</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>From: &quot;Fred Marconi&quot; &lt;<a
href="mailto:fmarconi@bellsouth.net">fmarconi@bellsouth.net</a>&gt;</blockquote
>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>To: &lt;<a
href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a>&gt;</blockquote
>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 2:51
PM</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear
Up</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite><br></blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dear Scott B:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well I was a little angry about the fork.&nbsp; Mad
Mike, before leaving was<br>
&gt; very emphatic about changing the fork, he said there was a new
one, much<br>
&gt; better.&nbsp; I called you on this specifically and you said
everything was fine.<br>
&gt; If there was a question, why did yu not call mad Mike to make
sure<br>
&gt; everything was OK.?&nbsp;&nbsp; If not for wishing to center the
wheel on the fork I<br>
&gt; would not have noticed what was happening.&nbsp; This is why the
bolt did not<br>
&gt; turn, I spoke to you about that as well.&nbsp; In any event it's
my fault for not<br>
&gt; reading the V-News but then again what of the clients that are
not<br>
&gt; subscribed.&nbsp; Well I have read the V-News but did not pick up
on this.&nbsp; On<br>
&gt; another note if this is such an issue as with car companies that
have<br>
&gt; thousands upon thousands of clients, when a defect is noticed,
they have<br>
&gt; knowledge of who bought what and they notify the client
directly.&nbsp; There<br>
&gt; should have been a record of when I bought the fork and what fork
and if<br>
&gt; this was such an issue to the well being of the client and the
factory I<br>
&gt; should have been notified by mail.&nbsp; When it comes to sending
me a bill there<br>
&gt; is never a delay.&nbsp; THAT VELOCITY KEEPS GOOD TRACK OFF.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Scott on these issues the company need to take
a greater role in<br>
&gt; notifying the client.&nbsp; YOu know how concientious I have
been.&nbsp; Rest assured<br>
&gt; that if I would have recieved a note form Velocity on this I
would have<br>
&gt; taken action.&nbsp; I did not hesitate to spend over $7000.00 for
a new wing.&nbsp; I<br>
&gt; still love you, YOU ARE GREAT!<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now on the brakes.&nbsp; Really these Matcos
are.....Well what can I say.&nbsp; I<br>
&gt; mean I can land in 2500' with as little experience as I have, but
the brakes<br>
&gt; do leave a lot to be desired.&nbsp;&nbsp; It Chuck is right about
the Clevelands the<br>
&gt; company should not be recommending or selling the Matco's&nbsp;
We do not need to<br>
&gt; be worried about overheating the brakes and damaging our main
gear if there<br>
&gt; is a better alternative.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; On a better note, I have 0.7 hours to go for the sign
off.&nbsp; The plane has<br>
&gt; performed beautifully.&nbsp; today I did alot of x-wind landings,
at Pohokee I<br>
&gt; landed with a 90 degree 15-18 mile x-wing.&nbsp; I love how the
plane handles.&nbsp; I<br>
&gt; love to fly this plane, it's a rush.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I do have a problem with the s-Tec autopilot.&nbsp;
On the roll control the<br>
&gt; plane bobs constantly from right to left.&nbsp; The ailerons just
keep on going<br>
&gt; up and down.&nbsp; The oscilations are small and very anoying.&nbsp;
Nathan had<br>
&gt; adjusted the ailerons slightly down, after flying the plane they
as 3/16&quot; up<br>
&gt; both.&nbsp; I am going to tighten the cables and readjust the
ailerons to a down<br>
&gt; position.&nbsp; What input do you have for me on this issue.&nbsp;
The climb and reach<br>
&gt; altitude and level function was a complete orgasm.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I practice on some high approaches on final and fast
slow descent then<br>
&gt; nosing down to 100 then smoothing her in.&nbsp; This plane
handles great!!!!<br>
&gt; Would be interesting to see how she might perform with vortex
generators and<br>
&gt; fences.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fred<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; From: &quot;Scott Baker&quot; &lt;<a
href="mailto:sbakr@comcast.net">sbakr@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; To: &lt;<a
href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 7:27 AM<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Up<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Fred,<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I don't think it's quite
fair for anyone to criticize the factory<br>
&gt; for a</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; busted nose wheel
fork if it is of the old (smaller) design.&nbsp; The<br>
&gt; factory<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; has mentioned this time after time after time in
the VV that the old<br>
&gt; forks<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; should be replaced.&nbsp; The factory subsidized
the cost of the new forks.<br>
&gt; If<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; someone is operating an old fork today - they
are ignoring the warning<br>
&gt; from<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; the factory.&nbsp; So please don't lay blame on
the factory for an &quot;almost<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; mishap&quot; when your older fork developed a
crack.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In regards to the main
wheel getting stuck on the lip at the bottom<br>
&gt; of<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; the wheel well.&nbsp; This was caused as you
know when the main gear leg<br>
&gt; warped<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; when it became overheated after being exposed to
the excessively hot<br>
&gt; heat<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; from the brakes.&nbsp; Overheated brakes and the
problems that come from<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; overheated brakes has also been the subject of
repeated articles in the<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Velocity Views.&nbsp; If you ride the brakes or
do repeated hard braking, a<br>
&gt; lot<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; of heat develops around the brake disk, which is
then transferred to the<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; gear leg.&nbsp; Too much heat leads to a
softening of the gear legs.&nbsp; And if<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; there is any stress on the gear legs when they
are soft, the legs will<br>
&gt; warp<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; to relieve the stress.&nbsp; We need to a)
understand that this situation is<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; possible, b) try to avoid overheating the
brakes, and c) when the brakes<br>
&gt; are<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; overheated, do something about it like throwing
a wet towel around the<br>
&gt; leg<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; and/or pulling the aircraft forward about 15'
after it has been stopped<br>
&gt; so<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; that the pressures on the gear leg are
neutralized, and lastly d) look<br>
&gt; for a<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; warped leg during the preflight, just in case
a,b,and c have been<br>
&gt; ignored.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; If the wheel or lower portion of the gear leg
looks crooked, the<br>
&gt; geometry of<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; the gear has obviously changed - and therefore
the clearances of the<br>
&gt; gear<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; going into the wheel well will be changed and
there is a possibility of<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; getting wheel stuck in the well.&nbsp; The lip
at the wheel well presents a<br>
&gt; ledge<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; where hardware can catch and hang-up when this
happens - so yes, I agree<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; with you that not having a lip is better than
having a lip - but<br>
&gt; eliminating<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; the lip does not eliminate the possibility of a
stuck gear ... the tire<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; could easily wedge itself against the wheel well
and the gear could be<br>
&gt; stuck<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; to the point that it might not come down.&nbsp;
Again the root of this<br>
&gt; paragraph<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; was overheated brakes and warped gear legs.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; ----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; From: &quot;Fred Marconi&quot; &lt;<a
href="mailto:fmarconi@bellsouth.net">fmarconi@bellsouth.net</a>&gt;<br
>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; To: &lt;<a
href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 12:45 AM<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Up<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Scott:&nbsp; Insurances for
Velocity are provided at with a 10%<br>
&gt; deductible.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; At<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; that I felt that it was not wise to take
hull coverage.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Velocity has a bad record, and
I have to say that this is in part<br>
&gt; the<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; factory's fault.&nbsp; The initial fork
that was used for the front wheel<br>
&gt; was a<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; bad desigh.&nbsp; It took many accidents
before they decided to change.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Insurances did not forget this.&nbsp; The
landing gear system can be better<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; designed, the factory is slow to change, we
pay the insurance price.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I was one of the lucky ones, I
cought the crack on the old fork<br>
&gt; before a<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; mishap, I do have to thank the company for
offering me a replacement<br>
&gt; for<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; the<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; new desigh at no charge.&nbsp; The mains,
well they got stuck on me and<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; fortunatelly I had someone in the plane and
we knocked them loose.<br>
&gt; The<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; wheel got cought on the inbord lip of the
strake.&nbsp; The camber had<br>
&gt; changed<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; 2<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; degrees, enough to cause a problem.&nbsp; I
removed the lip and will add<br>
&gt; the<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; material to the skirt.&nbsp; This skirts
need to be redisigned, they would<br>
&gt; not<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; hear of this.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fred<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ----- Original Message
-----<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; From: &quot;Scott Derrick&quot;
&lt;<a href="mailto:scott@tnstaafl.net">scott@tnstaafl.net</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; To: &lt;<a
href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</a>&gt;</blockquote
>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 2:01 PM<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear
Up<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Don,<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; What a drag!!! IN more
ways than one!!&nbsp; Sorry for the bad joke,<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Having just been through a
nose up landing because of a stuck up<br>
&gt; nose<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; gear<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; I feel some of your pain.&nbsp;
THough I didn't trash a prop, I'm still<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; reshaping the nose,
rebuilding the nose gear doors, and completely<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; replacing the nose gear
assembly so I have the latest and greatest<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; equipment.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; I don;t have in-flight
insurance so I'm doig htis out of pocket.<br>
&gt; Not<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; to<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; bad really, but a trashed
MT would have been pricey!<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Hope you figure out why it
didn't lock.&nbsp; What year was your kit?<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Scott<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; I had the main gear
on my 173RGE collapse on landing this<br>
&gt; afternoon.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; At<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; first glance the
damage doesn't seem to be too bad. A ground up<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; belly<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; and<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; a trashed MT
prop.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; It is really too soon
to do much speculation as to the cause<br>
&gt; until I<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; have<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; had a chance to
examine it more carefully. However, at&nbsp; this<br>
&gt; point<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; it<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; looks as though the
overcenter linkage may simply not have<br>
&gt; latched<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; properly. I can't
really say whether I had two greens on the<br>
&gt; gear<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; lights<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; or not, but I am sure
that I didn't have a red light.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; I will report back if
and when I have more definite information<br>
&gt; as<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; to<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; what<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; happened.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Donald Royer<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; <a
href="mailto:djroyer@earthlink.net">djroyer@earthlink.net</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;
_______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; To change your email
address, visit<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector"
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Visit the gallery!&nbsp; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; user:pw =
tvbf:jamaicangoose<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Check new archives: <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Check old archives:<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html"
>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;
_______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; To change your email address, visit<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector"
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Visit the gallery!&nbsp; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Check new archives: <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Check old archives:<br>
&gt; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html"
>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;
_______________________________________________<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; To change your email address, visit<br>
&gt; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector"
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Visit the gallery!&nbsp; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Check new archives: <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</a><br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Check old archives: <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html"
>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; To change your email address, visit <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector"
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Visit the gallery!&nbsp; <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</a><br>
&gt; user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose<br>
&gt; Check new archives: <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</a><br>
&gt; Check old archives: <a
href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html"
>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</a></blockquote>
<div><br></div>
</body>
</html>
--============_-1130895801==_ma============--